“Fantastic service”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago Palatine
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Palatine
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently on an overnight trip for business. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and accommodations were everything one could expect for this type of hotel. I have to make a special mention of Claudia at the front desk. I was whining about how I left my phone charger at home. She went out of her way to check the lost and found box to see if there was one I could use temporarily. No luck. But within an hour she called my room to ask if I still needed a charger. She had tracked one down for me somehow and allowed me to borrow it for an hour. How great is that?! She saved the day for me. I told my colleague about it the next day and he added that he had noticed how pleasant she was when we checked in. What a great asset someone like that is for a hotel. Oh, and they even have free beer during happy hour in the lobby! What else could you ask for?

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Had to stay here when my flight at O'Hare was cancelled (everything closer was booked). Besides the $40 cab ride (and you only got that if you called and got a cab - not from the line, that cost the poor girl checking in ahead of me $72), there is nothing around if you don't have a car. However, my biggest issue was that the room - and especially the bed - were not clean. Avoid if at all possible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank helsimon
HIE-PAL-MGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Palatine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

To helsimon,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments about your stay. I understand how frustrating it can be when your flight is cancelled and you have to take a long cab ride to a hotel sometimes late into the evening. I am sorry to hear about your room status at check in; we will look into our procedures and make sure the rooms are not put clean into our system until they were checked. I would love the opportunity to discuss with you further, if you wish please contact me at the hotel. (847) 934-4900

Jim Anderson

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights to attend a music festival in town. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and decent sized. Our room did not have a fridge or microwave. The water pressure in the shower was rather weak. They served the standard breakfast of eggs, pancakes, muffins, cereal, etc. Parking was ample. The hotel is located within a short driving distance to many restaurants.

The pool is actually part of a fitness center that is adjoined to the hotel. In order to get to it, you had to go to the second floor, go through a couple of doors into the fitness area, where they directed you to go down stairs and through the locker room to get to the pool. Not the most convenient access but it was an indoor pool and rather large.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kay2003cat
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised with the service and the property. Now I know it's only a holiday inn express, but they run it like a five star hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and go out of there way to be helpful. The hotel has a nice lobby that you enter in, front desk check in was organized, quick and overall the staff was very welcoming. Rooms are very clean, comfortable and nice size. Hotel is well maintained. On Tuesday and Wednesday nights they have a mangers reception which offers guests free wine, beer or soft drinks, and lots of different food options. One of the nights there was pizza, sliders, sausages in a bun, nachos and salsa, cheese and meat tray, veggies and dip, bowl of mixed nuts, wow it could of been a dinner. Overall if you need to be in this area, this hotel will not disappoint you.

1  Thank wondermomToronto
Reviewed 27 September 2013

It is a pleasure to write a review of this HI Express. I travel constantly and have options of where to stay but when I am in this area I will always stay here.
My rooms have always been spotless, comfortable and spacious.
I have to say the best part is that the staff have always been professional, helpful and courteous (I would like to acknowledge them all by name but I’m not that good with names. I would like to acknowledge Claudia (always pleasant, helpful, and with a warm smile) and Alisha (she even e-mailed me once to let me know that the hotel was close to being booked and if I was to be in town that week – which I was planning on – that I should get me reservation in, thank you!).
Summary: Most Highly Recommended!!
PS:
Can’t forget the Tues/Wed Manager Receptions are always a treat (they actually get me to leave work at a reasonable time so I don’t miss it too often)

thanks again
don

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 days in September. The rooms are big but hardly any amenities in the room. No electric, kettle, refrigerator, microwaves etc. Breakfast is ok but one has to eat on disposable plates with plastic crockeries. The biggest problem is that there is no food available in the hotel nor is there a restaturant nearby. However, the receptionist can order food from a chinese restaurant. When you land up at the hotel after a long journey the last thing one wants to do is to wait for food to arrive so I went to sleep hungry.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Palatine, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Sheilasarkar,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the room amenities. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 September 2013

A member of our family participated in an event in one of the hotels ballrooms. So, we went along to do some sightseeing.

This hotel is very nice. It is located just west of the Route 53 Expressway, in the NW suburbs, The rooms were very well laid out and the bed very comfy. Check in was a breeze and the lady at the desk was super helpful. I have never stayed in a hotel this quiet. I know that there was lots of foot traffic outside our door but we nary heard a peep! The TV kept pixelating and losing signal, every 3-5 minutes. A bit frustating!

The breakfast was a bit hit or miss as the first morning was wonderful and apparently they changed it up a bit the next morning and the options were not as good. But, hey, it ois a free breakfast, right? The attendent worked like crazy to keep everything going and she was very accomodating.

The Hotel does not have its own pool but the attached "World Gym" does. Guests are free to use the Gym but the oddest of things - they close at 9 PM on Saturday! What?!

All in all, we had a great stay and the hotel has little to do to be world class!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
HIE-PAL-MGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Palatine, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

To Doodle1011,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Palatine and taking the time to write your review. I am happy to see you felt the hotel overall was nice, quiet, comfortable, and your interactions with the staff was pleasant. I will check with our maintenance staff to see about the cable signal, as we have new LED HD flat screen sets in all rooms with HD programming. As you mentioned, we are located directly off route 53 and our hotel is near Woodfield, Arlington Park, and Deer Park. Our complimentary daily hot breakfast should always be well stocked with multiple options including eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, biscuits with gravy, warm signature cinnamon rolls as well as fruit, yogurt, and cereal.

Thank you.
Jim Anderson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatine
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW - Arlington Heights
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW -...
#4 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Deer Park
Holiday Inn Express Rolling Meadows
Red Carpet Inn
Red Carpet Inn
#2 of 3 in Palatine
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#7 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heights
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Palatine? Share your experiences!