“Short Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago Palatine
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Palatine
Reviewed 30 May 2014

You front desk staff is excellent! We had actually booked the wrong date by OUR error. Your staff accomodated our booking problem on very short notice and saved our weekend with our family who live nearby!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The staff are professional, the facility is nice and well kept.
I ended up with a smoking room and although the hallway made me choke, the room was obviously cleaned of the smoke smell.
The bathroom was small but adequate for a single person for one night.
I didn't use the public areas of the hotel because I was in for business and left early but they appeared to be kept up.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DLogsdon
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently on an overnight trip for business. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and accommodations were everything one could expect for this type of hotel. I have to make a special mention of Claudia at the front desk. I was whining about how I left my phone charger at home. She went out of her way to check the lost and found box to see if there was one I could use temporarily. No luck. But within an hour she called my room to ask if I still needed a charger. She had tracked one down for me somehow and allowed me to borrow it for an hour. How great is that?! She saved the day for me. I told my colleague about it the next day and he added that he had noticed how pleasant she was when we checked in. What a great asset someone like that is for a hotel. Oh, and they even have free beer during happy hour in the lobby! What else could you ask for?

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Had to stay here when my flight at O'Hare was cancelled (everything closer was booked). Besides the $40 cab ride (and you only got that if you called and got a cab - not from the line, that cost the poor girl checking in ahead of me $72), there is nothing around if you don't have a car. However, my biggest issue was that the room - and especially the bed - were not clean. Avoid if at all possible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
HIE-PAL-MGT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Palatine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

To helsimon,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments about your stay. I understand how frustrating it can be when your flight is cancelled and you have to take a long cab ride to a hotel sometimes late into the evening. I am sorry to hear about your room status at check in; we will look into our procedures and make sure the rooms are not put clean into our system until they were checked. I would love the opportunity to discuss with you further, if you wish please contact me at the hotel. (847) 934-4900

Jim Anderson

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights to attend a music festival in town. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and decent sized. Our room did not have a fridge or microwave. The water pressure in the shower was rather weak. They served the standard breakfast of eggs, pancakes, muffins, cereal, etc. Parking was ample. The hotel is located within a short driving distance to many restaurants.

The pool is actually part of a fitness center that is adjoined to the hotel. In order to get to it, you had to go to the second floor, go through a couple of doors into the fitness area, where they directed you to go down stairs and through the locker room to get to the pool. Not the most convenient access but it was an indoor pool and rather large.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kay2003cat
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised with the service and the property. Now I know it's only a holiday inn express, but they run it like a five star hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and go out of there way to be helpful. The hotel has a nice lobby that you enter in, front desk check in was organized, quick and overall the staff was very welcoming. Rooms are very clean, comfortable and nice size. Hotel is well maintained. On Tuesday and Wednesday nights they have a mangers reception which offers guests free wine, beer or soft drinks, and lots of different food options. One of the nights there was pizza, sliders, sausages in a bun, nachos and salsa, cheese and meat tray, veggies and dip, bowl of mixed nuts, wow it could of been a dinner. Overall if you need to be in this area, this hotel will not disappoint you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank wondermomToronto
Reviewed 27 September 2013

It is a pleasure to write a review of this HI Express. I travel constantly and have options of where to stay but when I am in this area I will always stay here.
My rooms have always been spotless, comfortable and spacious.
I have to say the best part is that the staff have always been professional, helpful and courteous (I would like to acknowledge them all by name but I’m not that good with names. I would like to acknowledge Claudia (always pleasant, helpful, and with a warm smile) and Alisha (she even e-mailed me once to let me know that the hotel was close to being booked and if I was to be in town that week – which I was planning on – that I should get me reservation in, thank you!).
Summary: Most Highly Recommended!!
PS:
Can’t forget the Tues/Wed Manager Receptions are always a treat (they actually get me to leave work at a reasonable time so I don’t miss it too often)

thanks again
don

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatine
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#5 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Buffalo Grove
Red Carpet Inn
Red Carpet Inn
#2 of 3 in Palatine
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heights
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Palatine? Share your experiences!