“Great for the price”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Palatine
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here after a night of drinking. It was the cheapest place and the closest. Its defin not La Quinta. Yea the place looks kind of shady and its really outdated but the guy at the front desk was nice and although the hallways do smell like cigarette smoke the rooms were pretty clean amd the kimg size bed was super comfortable. Yea the tv didnt work but no big deal.Like I said we weren't expecting the hilton for the price we paid. All in all I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rita N

Reviewed 12 May 2014

After a cancelled flight due to maintenance, United Airlines put 4 travelers in a taxi and sent us 25 minutes away from O'Hare to the Econolodge. We arrived around 11:00 at night, exhausted, with no luggage. The police were in the parking lot making an arrest when we arrived. After we went to our rooms- separate rooms- and realized how disgusting they all were, we walked to the 24 hr. liquor store and literally bought a can of scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner. There was hair in both the sink and the tub and used shampoo bottles left in the shower. It was the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I slept in my clothes as I was afraid to lay on the sheets. We had to leave at 4:30 in the morning for the return trip to the airport, so we were only there about six hours, but it was a terribly unpleasant experience. You won't find reviews of this hotel as it just was rebranded from a Comfort Inn to Econolodge, but apparently it was just as filthy and scary then. Stay away and just tell United Airlines "no" if they try and send you there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank obsessivetraveler
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This hotel is a dump. I stayed one night to many. Sleep in your car. The ceiling tile in bathroom was covered in mold. And when we had locked the door we could not get it open the next morning. Service desk attendant was very rude acted like I didn't know how to work the door.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We put some friends up in this dump. It needed vacuuming, the room smelled like urine, the front desk clerk was surly and it was creepy and dingy. There are too many other choices in the area to waste time here.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I work at a hotel so I pretty much know how to keep a hotel running good and I was pretty disappointed seeing how this one was. The guy who checked my boyfriend and I in at 12pm was alright. It was nice of him to let us check in early. We get in the room to drop our stuff off and leave for a little bit. When we came back we noticed there was hair in the bed,stains on the sheets, and what looked like a puke stain on the floor right next to the bed. My boyfriend went to the front desk to tell them about it around 5 and the same guy was working. He acted like we should have told him right when we got there. Either way, I did not want to sleep in there, so the guy let us switch rooms. This room had a clean bed but the toilet had urine stains on it. I am not even going to bother eating their breakfast. Hotel needs some serious upkeep too. Sorry, just trying to help out and get the manager to be more strict on their housekeeping and front desk procedures. 11/10/12

Room Tip: Don't chose the cheaper priced hotels.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hugh J
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Real eazy to get in ez out.Service was good rooms cleanliness was great i stay Friday Octobr 12th and 13th 2012.I had a great stay.I was there for conferance in area.Good breakfast. If i will be again in Chicago area i would stay at this hotel.staff was courteas and help full.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Econo Lodge M
Reviewed 28 September 2012

As another poster said, this hotel is somewhat difficult to find. When you exit the road, you see the Comfort Inn sign, but that is not the actual entrance. You have to make a sharp left onto the frontage road. The hotel itself was ok. Someone else reserved it for me, and it was fine for the price. The front desk staff was friendly both at checkin and checkout. The hallways did smell like smoke, though the room I had did not. The room was clean enough and the wireless internet worked fine. It was further away from my destination than I would have chosen, though.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatine
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heights
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#4 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Rolling Meadows
Extended Stay America - Chicago ...
#2 of 4 in Rolling Meadows
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Ai...
#6 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest
Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!