“Location, Location ...Cabin #608”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panguitch Lake
Panguitch Lake Adventure Resort
St. George, Utah
“Location, Location ...Cabin #608”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We almost cancelled our reservation after reading several negative reviews but I'm glad we didn't. We stayed in a deluxe CABIN, which means you pay $25 more for a screened-in porch and a TV which was at least 19". If you're staying in any other cabin than #608, I feel for you having to look into everyone else's porch - poor set-up. #608 is at the end and sits differently and so quiet and peaceful and with an EXTRA GREAT VIEW! The inside of the cabins could be a squeeze for someone tall or big - tight hall way and small shower but a nice kitchen, not very well stocked. No paper products so bring your own paper towels, napkins, paper plates and coffee filters! 1 packet of coffee provided and no filters! so bring coffee too. The bath towels were fine and not rough but the TP was (brought my own). The only thing more uncomfortable than the TP and tissues was the terribly hard furniture. This cabin also has a large, carpeted loft (ladder) that would sleep at least 6 kids with sleeping bags or air mattresses.
There is no wifi and no cell phone service but I understand if you have AT&T, go stand by the coke machine next to the lodge to pick up a signal or go to the market down the road to get other cell phone coverage. This is beautiful country and so much to see, get out an enjoy. Stay at least 3 nights unless you enjoy the city life. Elevation is around 8700 and cool nights. Restaurant is good except on Tues. CLOSED.

Room Tip: #608 is the best and only cabin I would choose.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janet F

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We've never been to the area before and stayed here on a whim, July 7th/8th, just to escape the Las Vegas heat. I just read all the other reviews and they're pretty much accurate. They are 'cabins' as previously stated, the pre-fab modular type. They have a couple different sizes and they're real cute, with a little loft that any child would love, and little porches....ours was screened in. Ours was kind of clean, and looked well used. The kitchen was outfitted with pots, pans, dishes, glasses, cups and utensils, and had a range, full size fridge, microwave, and coffee maker....bring coffee and filters. Outside there was a handy little BBQ grill....be sure to bring some charcoal. You are requested to wash your own dishes and remove your own garbage when you leave. There was a washer/ dryer in the bedroom, which we have rarely seen anywhere else. The double bed wasn't very comfortable, and the towels were a bit rough. We were provided TP, and two bars of bath soap, but that was it for the amenities, although we weren't concerned as we always bring our own toiletries. There is no TV unless you upgrade your cabin and pay for it (don't waste your money...just bring some CD's and a player), no WiFi, except you can get some signal near the main lodge, and no cell service. My husband made an excellent point when he commented that such a place is most likely intended as a 'getaway' from civilization for awhile. And that's just what you can do here. They are 'pet friendly', which was great since our pup always travels with us. They have a nifty little restaurant....which we didn't try, having the cabin kitchen to cook in. It was very quiet and peaceful by the lake and around the cabins and you can actually see the stars. We had a great time walking our pup around the lake and enjoying the beautiful scenery, and deliciously cool temps! There are boats to rent and we saw lots of people fishing. There were lots of RV spaces available with full hook-up and neat little fire pits. Some things were a little run down, and I agree with the reviewer who felt the term 'resort' should be removed from the name. 'Rustic retreat' would be more like it. It reminded us of the scout camps we attended as kids. Don't expect a lot of frills....it's camping. Do bring your own paper towel and personal supplies and groceries, because the local store is a bit of a drive and a little pricey. All in all it was definitely an adventure, and we learned a lot about the area in our short stay. We'll definitely come back to the area and bring family and friends, because it is that beautiful, but since we rarely stay in the same place twice, we'll try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NVrollingstones
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Hubby and I spent three days here from 8/25-8/28/13. First I want to say I get it is a cabin and since it is a cabin your level of expectation should be average, but since they do advertise as a resort there are certain things I feel should be addressed. 1) to provide a 10 inch TV set and because of that you say the cabin is "deluxe" I feel is way over board. 2) the towels were a problem, again I get it is a cabin and I don't expect maid service in a cabin but you could provide towels that were a bit softer, for god sake it was like drying off with sand paper. 3) the shower was a joke, for one my hubby and I are 5'7 and 5'8 respectively and by no means are we giants but I think it is lame that we had to practically squat down to get water flow in that shower, also investing in some CLR to remove the bad calcium build up so the shower head can properly spray would be a great idea. 4) the furniture in that cabin is on its last leg, the bed had a dip in the middle that we kept rolling in to, the mattress was old and very worn, the sofa was sunken in and the pull out bed for the sofa was broken. we found that little nugget out when we opened the sofa bed up thinking it might be more comfortable then the actual bed and when we tried to lay down my hubby fell right through. the small end table was on the verge of collapse as well. 5) smoke alarms were removed which kind of concerned both of us, they had removed the batteries and the front covers but left the base attached to the ceilings, and all the outlets in the living area were hanging out of the walls, and that is a fire hazard waiting to happen so with out smoke alarms you just might be in trouble if a fire did break out.
Now with all this said we did enjoy the lake, we did enjoy our stay, and we had no issues renting a boat and did so for two of the days we stayed. the only thing I can suggest is that if you do plan on a visit take my information to heart and maybe bring and air mattress and nice towels since they do provide a washer and dryer in the cabin you could take care of your linen yourself. also bring soap for the washer as they didn't provide any. lastly I want to stress I did find the staff very friendly but I felt that Jim did have the "it is a cabin so what do you expect" attitude. he explained to my hubby and I that so many people want everything and forget they are in a cabin. and he also said that he wished the owner would cut back on the already offered amenities to which I feel if they were to do so their prices would have to come down and the word resort would need to be removed from the name.
again with all this said we would go back, it was quite and peaceful, we caught a lot of fish, and the accommodations were okay, but next time I will bring a lot more of my own things including my aero bed so I can sleep more comfortably so I don't wake up with a backache.

Room Tip: to be honest get a standard cabin because as I said the deluxe upgrade gets you a 10inch tv and it i...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Natalie R
Boulder City, Nevada
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed in one of the standard cabins here for two nights. I found the cabin to be clean and comfortable, but keep in mind that this isn't a deluxe, 5-star hotel or a park service grand lodge. The cabins felt like RVs, even the door was an RV door. Something was wrong with the door and it was difficult to lock the door each time we left. The loft is very small and probably is only good for people in sleeping bags, even children can't stand upright. The bedroom was nice and the heater worked well. It rained hard and thundered one of the nights but it was quiet in the cabin and there were no leaks. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. We rented a boat and had a great time fishing. We also felt the price was a very good value. All in all it was a great trip and we'll definitely do it again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank xeriman
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I booked a 7 day stay and somehow got the impression that the 14 ft aluminum boat was part of the deal! It was Not! The boat was an additional 45 dollars daily use. The accomodations were clean but not confortable . just too small for a man my size.. 6'1" 260lbs.. I had to check out after my 2nd day without refunding of any type! Seems the elevation is about 9,500ft and there is a real problem with elevation sickness.. Lack of appetite, Nausea, head ache and extreme shortness of breath! There should have been a warning about this especially to smokers or older folks! The positive notes are the ladies at the resort restaurants are a pleasure to be around and the lake is full of trout with the majority of them falling into the slot limit which have to be thrown back in the water but still fun to catch..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank George K
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 11 August 2013

If you're looking for luxury, this isn't for you - but for a clean, comfortable, inexpensive stay it's perfect. Our cabin was cosy and comfortable for two - I'm thinking that 4 adults would find it pretty tight! We didn't do any fishing this trip, but enjoyed paddling around the lake in our inflatable boat! The fully equipped kitchen and outdoor grill made it easy to prepare meals. No TV, no cell service, no internet (unless you pay) - it was truly an opportunity to disconnect and relax! The star-gazing is incredible - no light pollution here! Pretty close to Bryce and Cedar Breaks, if you want to take a day trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mcarbaugh
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 26 June 2013

When we pulled into the Panguitch Lake Resort, we turned around to see if there were other camping sites around. My family had a reunion there and we booked it 3 months in advance. I was very disappointed in what we came upon. The "Tent" site was simply and unfinished RV stall and had almost nothing for us. There were no trees, there was no shade,The bathrooms were far away, there were no tables, and the "tent" site was lopsided with big rocks where we were supposed to put the tent. I am sorry, but that is NOT what a tent site should be like! They should not advertise tent sites if it is not comparable to the tent camping sites that are $5 cheaper and level, with shade and trees.
The only good thing about it, was that it was close the the water.

Room Tip: Great for RV's or cabin rentals, but nothing else. Bring your own Toilet paper as it was out 2...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Hatch Station
Hatch Station
#1 of 2 in Hatch
Red Canyon Village RV and Campground

Been to Panguitch Lake Adventure Resort? Share your experiences!