Bear Paw Resort
Purple Sage Motel(Panguitch)(Great Value!)
US$66
Panguitch Inn(Panguitch)
US$45
US$44
Travelocity
US$82
TripAdvisor
US$111
Church's Blue Pine Motel(Panguitch)(Great Value!)
US$78
Travelocity
US$47
Marianna Inn(Panguitch)
US$39
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Let me start by saying i'm an outdoors man type of guy. I hunt fish camp etc... I sleep on the ground in sleeping bags without any problem. I read some bad reviews about this place but figured it was just some person being picky and spoiled. I rented a cabin here June 2014 because where I usually stay "blue springs lodge" was booked for the weekend i wanted. The website says it sleeps 6 people and that's how many were in my group. Come to find out it only sleeps 5, so 2 people had to lay on top of each other on their roll out bed. The beds shouldn't even be called beds. The bed I slept on you could feel every single spring in the bed against your body. Prisoners have better beds in their cells. If I brought my sleeping bag I would have slept on the ground outside. Not much of a vacation when you feel like crap from a lack of sleep.A few other things: power went out twice, mouse poop, door to bathroom does not open without you throwing your entire body weight into it. They watered down the hand soap, missing light bulbs, and too cheap to put garbage bag in the large trash can outside. We rented a pontoon boat as well which did the job but was falling apart. The chairs felt unstable and some of the bench seats were caving in. The entire railing on one side was falling off. Water was coming in from the middle of the boat as well. It wouldn't cost much to make these boats a little more suitable. I think its more to do with the owner just not caring cause he will always be booked because Panguitch Lake itself is a great place. This place like a lot of reviews I have read says needs to put some money back into it. People were generally nice, and the resort did have some nice things about it but was overall terrible. Never again and nor should you! Blue springs lodge is only 20 bucks more a night and bear paw makes it look like a 5 star resort. Enjoy

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bucky49
bignose1313, General Manager at Bear Paw Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

I am very sorry to hear of your experience here at Bear Paw, i only wish you would have mentioned something to us, so we could have fixed the problems. You mention about how many people can sleep in the cabin, and at that time i confirmed that that website stated 6 people including one in a sleeping bag.
But i can assure you we do not water down the soap!! and as for the power outage, unfortunately in these rural areas it happens quite i bit,( even at Blue Springs Lodge) the whole area was down for a couple hours while your where here not just Bear Paw. And not just your cabin.
Again i am sorry this happened to you, i just wish i would have know about it while you where here.
And yes the owner does care about our guests and the property, so if there is a way for us to make it up to you please let us know, and we will certainly be happy to help.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

spent 4 nights here with a friend. The 2nd day she found worms crawling around on our floor and owner moved us to another cabin - mice nibbled on our food there. critters underneath the cabin very busy with a some kind of "constuction project." we had 2 more nights on our reservation but told him we could not stay there any longer. This RESORT is very rundown and needs a huge makeover/renovation because it is located in a great area.

Room Tip: may not bother a hunter or a fisherman...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janet F
bignose1313, Owner at Bear Paw Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank you for your time to review our resort. i am sorry you had a bad time here, sometimes the chipmunks can get a little crazy, and we are indeed in the process of upgrading the resort as we speak. so i hope to see you again another in the future.
have a great day

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Really nice fishing resort . Very affordable great staff and u always catch fish if u get out there. Beautiful lake . This is a must for thise who love fishing and catching trout. The only bummer not many places to eat. Bring food and cook in cabin or on grill. Take a hike at sun down and u will c plenty of deer/elk feeding. My 10 yr old son loves it. Especially camp fire and smores!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mike o

it is always to nice to hear people had a great time here thank you :-)

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I'm a total newbie at fishing and everyone was SO helpful in getting me started and teaching me the tricks of the trade.

The lodge had the coziest atmosphere and I chilled there for hours getting to know some really incredibly people.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chava M

Thank you, we hope to see you again soon :-)

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Disappointing. Our expectations for a cabin were not the same as for a hotel or motel room. You expect to "rough it". But this turned out to be our worse sleep experience. The double mattress was so broken down and sloped towards the wall so badly that it was impossible to sleep. We gave it another try the next night, but with same sleepless results. We had intended to stay longer, but instead ended up in a motel in Panguitch. The cabin has possibilities - a very small bathroom but good hot water. There was only one sink so washing dishes, shaving, and bushing teeth all had to be done in the same place. The guys at the boat dock and boat rental were very helpful. That we could recommend, but we would not recommend the cabin. Old abandoned boats and equipment are stashed all around the property in bushes and in the woods.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family