“overpriced, plain, but only game in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of LakeView Spa

LakeView Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Pana
Glen Carbon, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“overpriced, plain, but only game in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We came here for a wedding. The scenery is amazing on the property, but rooms are dated and plain. Mostly clean rooms, with some deferred maintenance. If there were options, I would have stayed somewhere else. Not a great value for the price. An annoying experience checking in. They made everyone walk over to the pro shop to check in instead of having the hotel desk staffed. Small town hotel...dont expect much.

2 Thank Kris R

Ottawa, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Three of us booked a night and round of golf last minute. Course was in great shape. I can't believe the contrast between the front and back nine holes! It was like playing two completely different courses. Room was clean and comfy. Friday fish fry was great. We'll be returning for sure in 2014.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tom N
Mattoon, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Glad we didn't listen to the reviews!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed at Oak Terrace just this weekend and couldnt wait to get back and write a review. My husband and I and another couple decided to stay Friday evening for our friends birthday. Our plans were to have dinner at Mulligans Friday night and the guys would golf Saturday morning and we would visit the spa. But after reading the reviews here we almost cancelled. But I am so glad we didn't!!!! We had a fabulous time. The staff is great and very friendly! The food in Mulligans is fantastic and the prices are very reasonable. The girls in the bar took very good care of us the made awesome Bloody Marys!! Thanks girls! We stayed in one of the townhouse villas and they were absolutely beautiful. The guys said that the course was great even tho they did lose a few balls! They had fun. As for our spa experience.......superb!! I am not sure why any negative reviews were written about this resort. We were searching, trying to point out something we weren't happy with and could not find anything. We will definitely be back!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank MichelleG127
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“HORRIBLE experience at the Spa”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

“Horrible time at the Spa”
Reviewed June 24, 2013
I and a group went to the Spa for a getaway and real estate tours back in April. What a horrible experience we ended up having. This place is outrageous, it sucks the money right out of your pocket. A lady on the phone who assisted booking this experience by the name of Katie tried to suggest things over the budget. Before booking this experience, it took us a good few tries to be able to get through to them to even book it. When we got there she rushes us through our paperwork and sends us down stairs. After booking this experience, she would call me over and over again to ask additional questions and confirmations. It was a headache, I just wanted to book my appointments and be left alone.

For services at the price they are, there are some things that need renovation:

1)The carpet at the Spa was absolutely a horrendous thing to look at, it's dirtier than the carpet at my children's Pediatricians office, where little kids puke and mess. I couldn't believe how outdated and doggy it looked. To be paying 100+ dollars for facials, you would think that they would fix something like that right away.

2)The robes in the lockers looked like they have been used since the 1980's. They were pink years ago when we came here, and are now old and white looking, more outdated and gross than a nursing homes.

3)For the prices of the facials, they just use Pevonia. I could go to Walmart and buy products for a fraction of the cent, and have the same type of facial experience I had at oak terrace.

We got a "Spa Lunch", a lousy salad and cookies for $15.00. You could go to a steakhouse or a really nice restaurant and get a better meal for a few dollars more, never again.

They are just a rich family, the owner drives an Escalade, that likes to take all of the money, and leave their precious resort outdated and un-kept. The owner brought my husband and I on a tour, and another couple that came with us on a separate one. We wanted to all go as a group, but was told by Mike it was to be couples only. That way they can mark out the fun, and try to sucker you into dropping all of your retirement into a lot, or a potential Villa that isn't worth a fraction of the price.

Visited April 2013
5 Thank Chicag02011
Saint Charles, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Travel Lodging”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

I too visited Oak Terrace in April of 2013 (April 27-28,2013) and had a wonderful time. I came on this site to leave my review and saw the below “nightmare….” I feel I must comment on that as nothing at this resort goes with anything that was said in the below information aside from the spa at Oak Terrace is definitely wonderful.

I took advantage of a real estate offer that I received in the mail to come tour the resort and it was “Mike” who spent 2 hours with my husband and I. I must say, he was one of the friendliest and genuine people I have ever met. He was a very low pressure sales person which we both appreciated as we weren't there to buy, rather just to take a look. After seeing everything the resort has to offer were are strongly leaning towards a vacation club package.

Knowing all the sweat he and his family have put into building this resort with his own hands! (he went through all the details in his presentation), he has sure worked hard to build the resort to what it is today and it still very much involved! I definitely didn't get the feeling that he would throw it all down the drain with actions the from the message sent below. Our experience was quite different than what is described here and we spent lengthy time with this guy, so I’m not sure what to make of this persons accusations. By the time we left my husband and I felt like family.

We also learned his daughters and nieces also work there, it is definitely family operated and very hands on. I can’t say if the owner did or did not do what the person below accused him of as I was not there, however it does seem ODD to me that ANY man, especially a business owner would dare raise a hand to a woman in front of 3 police officers! And they “just stood there”? There’s something fishy there!! Of course that is just my opinion. At no time did I ever feel threatened with “Mike” or anyone else for that matter when my husband wasn't present. (which was a lot since he likes golf a lot more than I do). I got to enjoy the peacefulness of the patio and hiking/nature trails and the beautiful scenery while he chased a little white ball.

We stayed in the “Villas on the Lake” It was the most relaxing and beautiful room I have ever stayed in! You have your own private deck and private hot tub! Great for a getaway with the girls or husband for sure! The pontoon boat ride on the lake was the icing on the cake!!

Everyone on the resort, (staff wise) was very friendly, every time we would walk by any employee they always said hello no matter how many times they saw you.

I had spa appointments and they were also great! The spa at oak terrace is unlike anything I have ever visited. The view is indescribable and sits directly on the lake, the therapists are top notched! We had no scheduling conflicts or late appointments. Again the staff was very helpful and friendly, I had a scrub scheduled (which I have never had before) I was a little self conscious at first as I didn't know what to expect, the therapist was wonderful and very professional and helped me every step of the way. Highly recommend the Vanilla Orange Brown Sugar Scrub if you have dry skin, It was amazing!

The golf course is gorgeous and well maintained. Despite the recent rain it was in great shape. The front 9 and back 9 couldn't be any different. I highly recommend if you are ever in the area to please stop and at least play the back 9 (if you don’t have time for 18). You will not be disappointed. I never got to see the 1000 drunken golfers or any drunken golfers for that matter. and the prices are very reasonable and the carts are well maintained.

I will add this as well, as with any condo/apartment building the walls probably aren't the thickest. I didn't have any problems with the noise at all. The lady who reviewed below also said she knocked on their door to ask the disturbing people to keep the noise down……why not call the front desk or security first? She was just asking for trouble, in my opinion. Secondly at 2:00 in the afternoon to 8:00pm? It’s not like it was midnight or 3:00 in the morning, why not just call the front desk and asked to be moved? If the security guard “was so nice to help the other people move” he probably would have done the same for her.

It seems like she is just trying to find things to be negative about.

I highly recommend oak Terrace as do a lot of other people on this site looking through the other comments. Please don’t let one person’s review that sounds like it started because of her own actions keep you from visiting this lovely resort. Or do...more room for my family and myself! :-)

I will definitely be returning to Oak Terrace again in the future.

Visited April 2013