“Excellent night sleep”
Review of Super 8 Paris IL

Super 8 Paris IL
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed at many of the Super 8 hotels, but I have never slept on a mattress as comfortable as the one at the Paris Illinois Super 8. When I checked in I was offered an upgrade to a Jacuzzi room. The room had been updated with new granite sink and new lighting, mattress and the Jacuzzi tub. I was impressed with the mattress and searched and found it was a Simmons Beauty Rest. If I could locate that mattress I would purchase it for my home. The service from the front desk was excellent. Pleasantly surprised. All the Super 8 chain need to take note from the one in Paris Illinois.

Room Tip: The east side is the quietest away from the traffic
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

It is a very inexpensive hotel and easy to locate. The service of checking in and out was good. The hotel just needs a major deep cleaning; such as vacumn the baseboards and dusting lamp shades etc. Super 8 years ago was like Hampton Inns now; just get people that can clean. Breakfast area also needs to be cleaned and presented better. Bed was great!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Laura P
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed for one night there, and that is enough. You smell tobacco eveywhere. I found dog flee in the room. Very Noisy. The staff did not care about my concern. I stayed there because there was no where to go as all the hotels were full. I will make this as a last choice

Room Tip: I stayed at Pinnell Motel across the street next day, lot better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have been stayng at this Super 8 since it was built in the early 1990's. I watched as this nice motel gradually declined into an eyesore. The entire place smelled of Middle Eastern herbs and spices. The exterior siding was falling off. The rooms were dingy and service was non existent. Fans did not work correctly and generally it was not a place I liked to stay, but compared to the other motel, you took the lesser of two evils. With great trepidation, I made a reservation for two nights this past weekend for a class reunion. As I pulled into the parking lot, the first thing I saw was that the siding had been replaced with stucco. Hmm, okay something has changed. I opened the door to the lobby and no sending me back to the Middle East. The lobby was clean and neat. The young man who checked me in was polite and actually spoke to me. My room was upstairs to the rear. It was clean and neat. Plenty of towels and my air conditioner worked. The refrigerator also worked well. The rooms had been repainted and the bed was very comfortable. I don't usually eat breakfast, but they now have the same "power" breakfast that I have seen in other motels. Hot and cold cereal, a waffle iron for hot waffles, fresh fruit, coffee, tea milk and rolls. Some one, whether it is the parent company or the new owners are putting forth a huge effort to resurrect this motel. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Ac wouldnt work had a long.walk for my disabled. Grandpa only had 1 towel no one would come.to front desk to check me out

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I asked for non smoking rooom. It smelt smoke in the room. disgusting smell in hallway since there is no air circulation. crazy construction workers having party all night long will not let you sleep.. I asked for refund, but I was refused to have the refund.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank herb s

Been to Super 8 Paris IL? Share your experiences!