“Paradise in Mozambique”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inhambane Province
Flamingo Bay Water Lodge
Reviewed 20 August 2013

look like the resorts in polinesia, but is even better! because here you stay in two places without to move! When the sea is at highest level, you are in the middle of sea. If you arrive in the night it is simply magic.
then you walk up in the morning and the beach is kilometers far! you think in the night one elicopter take your bungalow and transported away!
the service is gentle and they care of you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gabriele M
BarraResorts, Public Relations Manager at Flamingo Bay Water Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to have met your expectations.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed here in early August for 4 nights at the end of an adventure holiday (last before eldest son went to Uni). We had been at the Kruger (early starts for Game Drives) and Tofo (diving and whale watching) so we needed a last bit of relaxation. Before I arrived I was calling this 'my pretend Maldives' but that is not the right description - Flamingo Bay is unique in its own right and absolutely beautiful.
We didn't get room 120 - we got 117 (for the boys) and 118 (for my husband and me) and although I can see the appeal of being right on the end with a view of the flamingos and estuary, these rooms were fantastic and on the sunset side.
We were welcomed and looked after really well and our waiters Roberto (mornings) and Guildo (evenings) made sure we had the table of our choice and they were charming.
Food was excellent - varied and delicious - I really liked the line fish salad for lunch.
I loved the relaxed atmosphere; loved my room over the water and all I can say is if you get the chance and you need to chill out then go there.
Great massage and good internet connection made the stay even better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelWins
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We had a wonderful week at Flamingo Bay which surpassed our expectations. Friendly and happy staff, awesome ( repeat awesome) food and of course the bliss of enjoying the tidal lagoon from the wooden chalets. What a place to relax, read, swim, walk and enjoy life.

Can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan B

Meeting expectations is great...Surpassing them is even better...so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Flamingo Bay

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed at Flamingo Bay Water Lodge for one night as part of my sister's wedding in July 2013. My sister and brother-in-law chose the venue as their wedding destination and I'm really glad they did! We had friends from Europe, South Africa and North America fly in to Inhambane for the wedding and I think everyone left Flamingo Bay with lots of great memories.

Personally, I found the staff at Flamingo Bay very friendly and welcoming. Yes, the entire venue was basically booked out to the wedding party so it was all-hands on deck to cater to our every need. That being said, the service was excellent. If there was something that needed to be taken care of, no matter how last minute, the staff took care of it. A great example is that we had prepared a video to show to the wedding party but we did not ask for a projector or TV in advance. The staff quickly helped us find a TV and carried it to the reception area. This is the kind of speedy problem solving you like to see from the staff.

The dinner menu was an array of seafood, meats, vegetables and desserts from many different influences and it was very well prepared. Even though it was buffet-style, the quality was there. We ate like kings and queens.

Finally, I think my review should be taken with a grain of salt, as my experience at Flamingo Bay was only for the day and night of the wedding. However, everything I experienced there was positive. I even had dives booked with Barra Lodge down the road the next morning and the staff tracked me down during the evening to confirm that a taxi would be picking me up in the morning. It was literally door-to-door service the next day and I'm glad it was because I was not exactly in tip top shape after the wedding!

For the average traveler who doesn't often spend more than a hundred USD on a hotel or motel room, Flamingo Bay will certainly feel luxurious. The rooms are clean, the property sits on a beautiful part of Inhambane and the service is personable and friendly.

Only the pickiest of travelers or patrons would be able to find any serious fault with Flamingo Bay. Definitely two thumbs up in my books.

Room Tip: Most guest rooms are actually located about a hundred meters (maybe more) from the main lobby so be...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GYeh514

Having a wedding party on the bride and grooms most important day of their lives means staff need to up their game to avoid any hint of disappointment. I am so glad this was achieved and a good time was enjoyed by all.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Visited the resort in may 2013 for my birthday. staff were helpful and very attentive. the buffet meal provided for supper for my bday was awsum and tasty. they even sang happy bday to me in portugese and brought some chocolate cake aswell.

great place to stay AT .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yusuf11223
BarraResorts, Public Relations Manager at Flamingo Bay Water Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

So glad you had an awesome birthday at Flamingo Bay and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I only went to Mozambique to please my husband who was very keen on visiting. What a pleasant and amazing trip! The staff went out of their way to make it a memorable experience. I am so inspired that I am learning Portuguese for my return trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hanroux
BarraResorts, Public Relations Manager at Flamingo Bay Water Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Sometimes the best experience is arriving at your destination not sure what to expect and then being pleasantly surprised by the experience.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Value for money cannot be beaten at Flamingo Bay! Overall a pleasant stay at in a beautiful setting.

Although not as glamorous as the Vilanculos lodge's we have previously stayed at, we were not disappointed in Flamingo Bay. The staff were attentive, polite and always had a smile. The food was great, and they made a special effort for us for our anniversary dinner which was really kind and made the trip extra special. The rooms are of a good size, clean and although in need of a little TLC, overall not bad.

The setting is spectacular with amazing sunsets and you can fall asleep to the sound of the water lapping under your chalet at night.

I would highly recommend the quad bike tour around the coast, LOADS of fun and you really get a feel for the area. Also spend a day at Barra lodge (Flamingo Bay's sister lodge just down the road) where you can lie on the beach and sip R&R's at the beach bar.

Room Tip: We had room 120 right on the end and it was really private. Highly recommended.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeanutJHB1981

Flamingo Bay is all about relaxing, enjoying the unique setting, food and all that is on offer. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy all of this and welcome you to visit us again for another enjoyable break.