We were very disappointed with the quality and staff of the lodge as well as the service. With such a beautiful setting, and rated 5 star we could not believe what we experienced.
1. Manageress never ever greeted us or checked in on us
2. Staff were terribly slow and under trained
- We asked for coffee which arrived so late it was cold
- No towels around the swimming pool, asked for some and never received
- Mess (empty glasses, used ashtrays) around the pool was never cleaned up, we had to constantly ask for it to be removed
- The complementary milk in our bedroom was never replaced
3. The spa facilities were terrible, a bedroom with 2 beds, no aircon and someone who couldn't do most of the stuff on the menu. I was told she could only do a basic facial. No eyebrow shaping or waxing etc
4. The internet for "free wifi" was constantly down
5. The Television was broken and in the 5 days we were there they couldn't manage to fix it (we had 2 rainy windy days and wanted to watch the sport)
6. The steps to the water from our bedroom were broken
7. Breakfast was average, with a choice of 3 cereals and one yogurt that always ran out, if you did not get there early enough you also missed out on the bacon.
8. Could not order a cuppachino or latte etc as their coffee machine was broken.
9. They did not have fresh juice available during the day and the only cold drink you could order besides alcohol was: Fanta, crème soda, sparletta...fizzy drinks
10. On their lunch Menu their seafood pizza was never available.
Basically we constantly got told the following:
"its out of stock"
"we don't have"
"we've run out"
It was overall a disappointing experience considering the way it is portrayed on their website.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Bay Water Hotel Inhambane