Barnett Hill Hotel
US$119
US$79
US$77
  • Pool
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel(Guildford)(Great Value!)
US$91
PremierInn.com
Holiday Inn Guildford(Guildford)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$85
HolidayInn.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe main houseafternoon teagorgeous groundsoriginal featuresbeautiful hotelcountry housebreakfast roombuffet stylewedding venuean upgradea lovely staylovely settingwedding breakfastguildford areastayed one nightfull englishbooked this hotel
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I have lived in this area for over forty years and never been here! What a fantastic venue , the whole evening was fantastic from the moment we were warmly greeted till we left , the meal was fantastic, well done to the amazing chefs , and Georgia and Colette were amazing!!!! Nothing was to much trouble!. I still cannot understand how I've missed this venue. Looking forward to another visit in the very near future! Perfect in every way.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Firgidssake
Barnetthill, General Manager at Barnett Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Barnett Hill whilst attending a friend's 60th birthday celebrations. I was delighted to note that you enjoyed such a 'fantastic' evening with us and I thank you for your very kind comments in respect of the quality of food and service you received.
I have passed on your comments to the chefs and Georgie and Colette have both received Sundial Star nominations for this month which could result in one of them being awarded £50 at the end of the month if their card is picked out in our monthly draw.
You know what they say 'it's never too late' and now that you've found us, we hopefully look forward to being of service to you again in the future when we will do our utmost to ensure you are well looked after and that any future celebrations are equally as enjoyable!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I came here for the Mother's Day lunch with my wife, my 2 yr old daughter and my parents. The setting is beautiful and the Oak Hall is a lovely intimate and beautifully furnished room. The 3 course menu was excellent, the food was beautifully cooked and presented. Although there was no children's menu the waitresses and kitchen staff were happy to cater to my daughter's needs. She had her own special starter, a smaller and tailored portion of the main meal from the set menu and a tasty fruit salad for dessert. We all had something different from the set menu and loved it. The staff were the friendliest and most efficient I have come across. The serving of the 3 courses was perfectly timed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Barnett Hill for Mother's Day Sunday lunch which was most unexpected but very much appreciated.
I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed the occasion and that the ambience of the Oak Hall, quality of the food served and the service provided exceeded your expectations. I was also very pleased to note that in the absence of a children's menu as such, the team were very accommodating in looking after your 2 year old daughter's needs however, this has highlighted the need for us to consider this more fully for future special family events and we have already discussed how this might be improved so thank you for your feedback.
Hopefully you will find an opportunity to visit us again before Mother' Day next year as we do serve Sunday lunch on selected dates throughout the year but in the meantime I thank you once again for your very kind comments

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed one night as part of a business trip and found that everything worked well for me. The gym is well equipped and the sauna excellent. Dinner was good and the price was in line with hotel meals. Breakfast could not be faulted. I found the staff to be first class and very helpful making the stay pleasant. All hotels have something not quite right but I would readily forgive the Barnett Hill for having empty salt grinders.
The grounds and location are superb. I would recommend staying here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Niige,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Barnett Hill whilst on business in the Guildford area. I was delighted to note that you were well looked after by the team during your stay with us and that you enjoyed the service and facilities provided including the gym and the sauna.
Thank you also for your positive comments in respect of the food you ate at dinner and again at breakfast which we have recently reviewed therefore, it is extremely satisfying to read that it 'could not be faulted'. I'm sorry about the empty salt grinder and I thank you for being so understanding however, as a salt lover myself I have made the point to my food service team that it is the little things that count!
Thank you for recommending others to stay with us which is much appreciated and we sincerely hope that we may be of service to you again at some point in the future when you next have business in the area

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a warm welcome for our one night stay visiting family nearby. Room was spacious and clean (grouting in bathroom needed bleaching which let it down) Breakfast was good and all staff were pleasant, attentive and welcoming. We will definitely stay at Barnett Hill again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Woeful

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Barnett Hill. It was most pleasing to note that you received a warm welcome from the team and that you were well looked after during your short stay with us.
Please accept my apologies for the poor quality of the grouting in your bathroom. We do have a rolling programme of grouting renovation in place and I will ensure that my Housekeeping Manager is advised accordingly and that we make sure the room in which you stayed is prioritised for treatment.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future when you are next in the area visiting family

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Doing a run of training courses and one of the venues was Barnett Hill. Checking in was seamless with me being given the keys to both the training room and bedroom immediately.

The bed was very comfortable with excellent views into the grounds and, as the venue is at the top of a hill, over the surrounding countryside. Dinner in the bar was good, well priced and tasty. Breakfast in the morning was a buffet with the usual options, again, very tasty. There are also options to choose other breakfasts such as kippers (which were, unfortunately, not available when I was staying), so better than similar hotels I have stayed in.

The only downside was that hot water took about 10 minutes to come through to the shower.

I would very definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rob T

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Barnett Hill whilst running a series of training courses. As specialists in the meetings and events industry I am delighted that you found the service and facilities you received during your event met with your expectations and that, with the exception of the hot water issue you enjoyed a comfortable overnight stay with us and the food in the bar at dinner and breakfast the following morning. I apologies for the lack of availability of kippers on this occasion but please be assured that these are generally always available to order as you have mentioned
Please accept my apologies for the time it took for the hot water to come through to the shower in you room which is something we will have to investigate further and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I am delighted that you would definitely consider staying at Barnett Hill again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future whether on business or for pleasure when I assure you we will do our utmost to ensure you are well looked after.