“Short Visit”

Wingate by Wyndham Peoria
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
“Short Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was there for an over night stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room is great; overall a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I were in need of some temporary housing, and we we're fortunate enough to stay at the Wingate. The room was very large and modern. The staff was extremely nice and the complimentary breakfast was one of the best that I have ever had. You almost get the feeling that Kathy made it just for you! All in all.....and excellent place to stay, and the price is more than reasonable.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Peoria Heights, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked a room a week in advance--paid cash for it---it was for my granddaughter's birthday-so they could stay in Peoria and enjoy the mall and many other things Peoria had to offer. We took time to look at the rooms and picked the bridal suite because of it size and there was a door between the livingroom and bedroom, which was important. When my daughter and granddaughter arrived the receptionist stated that the room we paid for was not ava. for them. The room they gave her was not comparable to the one we picked out( to small and no door), we paid over 170 dollars for the room of our choice. The receptionist did not even offer a refund and was rude. I am a Dr. and practice here locally, I am often asked to recommend a hotel for families that have guest coming to stay while they are in the hospital. I also have another daughter who is getting married soon and we will be checking into hotels for our guest--At this time I would NOT recommend Wingate--if this was your granddaughter's birthday you would not want this to happen--we were all so very disappointed-

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SuperAwesomeWingate1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Peoria, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I am very sorry to hear that you did not get the room you requested however the room you were given was in fact still a suite. We also did give a partial refund upon your checking out. I will talk to the front desk and make sure that a situation like this doesn't happen again. I have personally tried to contact you and did not get an answer so if you could please call the hotel and ask to speak with the general manager at your convenience that would be wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great place to stay! Rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The business center is well stocked and clean. Internet connection was flawless. The only possible drawback is that o e has to cross a busy highway and walk to the nearby Mall to find a restaurant. But taking into consideration the hotels clean swimming pool and hot tub along
with a 24 hour gym, it's all good.

• Stayed July 2014
We are so very glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed our hotel. We do our best to make sure the little things are to our guests satisfaction and that they have everything they need in order to have a pleasant a stay as possible. We do have a complimentary shuttle service that would have been more than happy to drive you across the street and drop you off at the mall. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay (3 nights) very much. The Wingate staff really kept the customers in mind, striving to keep us happy. Everyone was great, and my stay was very calm and peaceful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed your accommodations. I will let the staff know to keep up the good work and that they are doing a wonderful job. Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We do hope that you chose to stay with us again soon!