“I love this little joint”
Review of El Mexicano

El Mexicano
Ranked #173 of 409 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I seldom get to El Mexicano, maybe 2 or 3 times a year, but every time is a pleasure....both to the palate and the pocketbook. Fast, friendly service and good food for very reasonable price. If you don't like real Mexican food, stick to Taco Bell.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Found this place on TA and it wasn't too far from where we were at. When we arrived we could see all tables were taken and it was 2:00pm a steady stream of customers were coming in the whole time we were there. A table opened up while we we ordering and we were treated to a wonderful meal! We ordered nachos, chimi & burrito meals and we ordered too much! Wow, huge burrito & chimi, they were hot & full of flavor. Nachos were awesome, very attentive staff and we'll definitely be returning.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I decided to try this restaurant. While visiting familty my sister and husband drove down to El Mexicano on Dec 26th for lunch. They have limited seating about 5 booths. The food was very fresh, hot and most importantly delicious. Our bill was about $28.00 and we all had a soft drink with our meal. While the place doesn't look like much from the outside you would be hard pressed to find a better mexican food in the peoria area. Give them a try you will be glad you did.

1  Thank southernpilot01
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My son and I decided to try this little Mexican restaurant Saturday and we were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was and how cheap it was. Would definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank DEBORAH M
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Had drove by this little mexican restaurant several times and never noticed it but went searching online for mexican restaurants and this one had several good reviews so we went. My son and I both had the gorditas and rice. Awesome food. Best I have had since I moved back to IL. Will definitely go again.

2  Thank Sassywoman44