“Awesome little mexican joint.”
Review of El Mexicano

El Mexicano
Ranked #171 of 409 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The food was very good, served hot from the kitchen. Authentic mex. food served in a tiny 16 seat diner. The staff was very surprised we learned about their place on trip advisor.....

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have been driving by this tiny place for years. I was surprised to see that this was ranked so high on tripadvisor. I finally tried it. The food was fantastic. I ordered a steak burrito that was huge. The steak was well seasoned and very tender. My friend ordered a chimichanga. It was as big as the burrito. She said it was delicious as well. They had menudo (soup made from tripe) as well as goat, and beef tongue taco's. I don't think I was try the soup or the tongue but I might try the goat taco's next time.

My burrito with rice, beans, chips and salsa were $8.00. Great price!

When I was there I had to get my food to go. There are five tables and all were full. The young lady at the register was so friendly.

I can't wait to try this again!

2  Thank lizzzg
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I seldom get to El Mexicano, maybe 2 or 3 times a year, but every time is a pleasure....both to the palate and the pocketbook. Fast, friendly service and good food for very reasonable price. If you don't like real Mexican food, stick to Taco Bell.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Found this place on TA and it wasn't too far from where we were at. When we arrived we could see all tables were taken and it was 2:00pm a steady stream of customers were coming in the whole time we were there. A table opened up while we we ordering and we were treated to a wonderful meal! We ordered nachos, chimi & burrito meals and we ordered too much! Wow, huge burrito & chimi, they were hot & full of flavor. Nachos were awesome, very attentive staff and we'll definitely be returning.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I decided to try this restaurant. While visiting familty my sister and husband drove down to El Mexicano on Dec 26th for lunch. They have limited seating about 5 booths. The food was very fresh, hot and most importantly delicious. Our bill was about $28.00 and we all had a soft drink with our meal. While the place doesn't look like much from the outside you would be hard pressed to find a better mexican food in the peoria area. Give them a try you will be glad you did.

1  Thank southernpilot01