“Best fine dining in Peoria, IL!”
Review of 2 Chez

2 Chez
Ranked #18 of 409 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I have tried just about every restaurant in Peoria and 2 Chez is our hands-down, slam-dunk favorite. The calamari is the best in the city, the sundried tomato butter spread they offer with their bread to complement your meal is divine...I've ordered the steak diane and tilapia and both are amazing. The restaurant offers a new tapas menu if you sit at the bar, which is more than affordable. For two people I'd recommend ordering three to split because the portions are very generous. EVERYTHING on that menu is the bomb. Oh for dessert the caramel gelato and creme brulee are AMAZING.

Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here and hosted guests here for both lunch and dinner experiences. This visit was a lunch with a colleague. I had the Steak Fritte with a Caesar Salad and my colleague had a Reuben. As always the food was fresh and promptly served. The Pom Fritte are thin and freshly orepared with a mild seasoning. The Caesar is available with anchovies which is surprisingly not the case at many restaurants. My steak was a perfect medium rare and my colleague's Reuben was well stacked with tender corned beef. The atmosphere belies the strip mall location and is fresh and urban in character. Noise levels support a lively feel without overwhelming table conversation. Prices are reasonable and friends who enjoy wine appreciate the selection ( I do not qualify to make that judgement myself). All around, a very good, consistent experience.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Being fond of Osso Buco as well as Steak Diane, four of us decided to try 2 Chez on a Wednesday night where Osso Buco is featured along with a "bring your own wine" Wednesday night feature. The restaurant is housed in a nondescript strip mall, but there the term "nondescript" ends. The restaurant is very classily decorated with nicely separated tables, allowing for conversation. Warmly greeted, we immediately noted our server, while young, was very professional. She took our wine, opened it and got a champagne bucket to keep it cool. All this and zero corkage fee. We started with mussels and calamari, both excellent. Steak Diane was tender and delicious. The Osso Buco, while served with a different sauce than experienced elsewhere and lacking gremolata was still delicious. The wait person was attentive to our needs without being obtrusive. A very pleasant experience for Peoria!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

A smowy day found my friend and I at one of our favorite spots in Peoria. 2 Chez on Pioneer and Knoxville. Our very atttentive waiter was right there with drink offerings and told us of their special of the day, Eggplant Parm. We started with the mushroom soup which was very tasty and then as we both love eggplant had the special which was also good and served over a bed of linguini fini that I took home for my husband. The home baked bread and their delicious special spread is a favorite. They also have a good seafood salad and offer a very good rueben for lunch, both of wihich I have had in the past.I recommend 2 Chez for good service and excellent food.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We were quite excited to be going to 2Chez for dinner, especially my mate it was her birthday.. She loves calamari and reviews I had read claimed that 2 Chez had the best. I made reservations for 8:00 pm. When we arrived we were told there would be a short wait. 2 Chez is very small and there was no seating available at the bar and no bench or any seating of any kind while waiting. And wait we did, standing by the front door, standing and waiting and standing and waiting and standing and waiting. 25 minutes after doing all that standing and waiting we decided we would leave without trying the calamari. I wanted to let the staff know that we were leaving but there was no one that I could find to let them know.

3  Thank EP-Guy