“Great food and value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
“Great food and value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is a nice addition to the area. Not the best sushi bar ever… but it is of great quality and the value is unbeatable.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Fernando M

Cornell
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service Lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

If it weren't for the quality of the food and the beauty of the establishment I would have rated lower. We visited the day after Christmas and the place was super busy. We were seated quickly at a hibachi table, although it was obvious to us that they were understaffed especially for this large of a group. After 20 minutes or so our waiter came to take our drink order. His opening statement was "I'm sorry about your wait but we're honestly at that point where we shouldn't be taking any more tables right now because so many people are still out of town but management doesn't seem to care. So let's get started with drinks..." I was floored! It was clear they were very busy and we were prepared for a long wait....but not prepared for management to be shredded by an employee while making us feel like an extra burden he didn't need.

Sushi was excellent (Las Vegas and Henry Rolls) though when he brought it he again made a big deal about the wait..."it was done a while ago, I just didn't have time to pick it up" Just what we wanted to hear. He brought soup but no salad because he "didn't have time to make them yet". Through this whole debacle we noticed a hibachi next to us which was seated well after us receive their soup and salad together and before us.

Our chef came before we received salad. He was very expedient and prepared our food perfectly. I ordered twin lobster tails. Apparently he dropped one on the floor. I would have never known this happened and he could have thrown it up there anyway, instead he was honest and apologetic and got another tail brought out.

Then the server came back. We told him we left our coupon (buy one entree get the other at 50% off) in our hotel room and if they would accept a picture of it from my phone. He said he would go check. He came back and said "management said no but i found a coupon for you to use." While we were glad to have a coupon, he again took the opportunity to throw management under the bus which was less than appealing.

From everything we saw of the manager she was trying to help the servers out....working the floor refilling drinks, removing dishes, etc. all while still seating folks and doing table touches.

The server was slow, blamed it on others, and disrespectful to his team, management, and customers.

Visited December 2013
Princeton, Illinois
“Lots of fun for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

My daughter had a medical appointment in Peoria that I knew may not be much fun. So we decided to try Osaka and ate at the hibachi grill. What fun! Our chef was skilled and funny. He made sure our meals were cooked perfectly. DD was wearing Hello Kitty sneakers and he pointed out that he's from Japan too, and that all the girls in his home town also love Hello Kitty. The portions were generous and the seasoning was not so salty or heavy so that you couldn't taste the veggies. We had both the steak and chicken, but did not upgrade to the filet. The clear soup was nice, however the ginger in the salad dressing ws too strong, and we tend to like ginger quite a lot. We will be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Best sushi roll I've ever tasted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

This restaurant has a hibachi side and a small sushi side. My sister and I sat on the sushi side. The waitress told us it was happy hour, buy 2 rolls get 1 free. Between the two of us we ordered 4 rolls and ice tea. Bill total was $38! Amazing! The service was fast. Sushi was crazy fresh and beautifully presented. Sushi chefs were very friendly. I've eaten at many sushi places and tried many different rolls, but the super Volcano roll was out of this world. I highly recommend it! Will be back again soon to bring more friends to try this amazing roll!

• Visited May 2013
Hollywood, CA
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

This is one of the best Hibachi places I have ever experienced. The night we ate here, we were the lasts guests to seat and we were concerned we would be rushed and not properly attended. We were blown away by the whole experience from the entertaining Hibachi show, the food (portions,taste,etc) and such a friendly staff. For being out of towner's we were treated like local regulars. I wish we could have eaten there every night of our trip, but we were on business. We will definitely return to visit here again when in Peoria!

Visited April 2013