“Call the HEALTH dept! I found a long brown HAIR! NO LIE!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cyd's Gourmet Kitchen
Ranked #27 of 389 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
LaGrange, Georgia
“Call the HEALTH dept! I found a long brown HAIR! NO LIE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

So a friend of mine recommended this restaurant. I was told it is an upscale nice place to eat lunch and get a variety of food. We chose this restaurant to eat lunch and try something new. I had no idea I would be eating food tainted with somebody hair! It makes you question exactly what is in it that you don't see if I blatantly see a long brown hair! I found it in one of their "gourmet" salads. My friend ordered one lunch salad and I ordered something else. We were sampling from each other, when I discovered the hair. When we alerted them they did return our money but I certainly after finding A HAIR in her food did not want to eat my food they did not offer us to make anymore they did however throw out the food so they say. I am sadly disappointed in finding the hair, but I am more saddened by how they handled it.

• Visited March 2014

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Gem in Peoria?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Ok...Peoria is NOT a foodie town or the 1st place one thinks of when looking for something refreshing and different. But...CYD's really hit the spot. Went with family and ordered grilled vegetable sandwich with homemade chips. The server was pleasant. Presentation was great and sandwich was very fresh and yummy. The food is creative. The dessert selection ( though did not purchase) was vast with unique combinations of different items. The atmosphere is so so...too open for my taste but fun. The only downside is if you come at the wrong time...some items are not available..ie .dinner items cannot be purchased at lunch or vice versa and the menu font is waay too small. (Suggest menu be redone more professionally). Will definitely visit again. Found this gem via trip advisor reviews! Thanks guys! This place is a hit!

• Visited January 2014
Georgetown, Maine
“As always...delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have never had anything but truly delicious food at Cyd's! This time it was the Gourmet Hamburger (which as a very picky Bleu Cheese Burger connoisseur) I can easily say it was one of, if not, the best, I have ever had! Grab a bunch of napkins if you order this, because it is juicy (not fatty) and flavorful. I have had salads and entrees from the deli and have never had anything that wasn't outstanding. Thanks Cyd's for dependably delicious food! I live in Maine now, and work in gourmet food biz, but enjoy a meal here whenever I am back.

• Visited January 2014
Peoria Heights, Illinois
“Great Stop for Lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Cyd's is a great stop for lunch but arrive early to make sure you get a table! Delicious sandwiches and soups and the deli is very convenient if you can't be bothered to cook dinner one evening! I ordered my daughters birthday cake from here too - it was the "best chocolate cake she had ever tasted" in her whole 9 years! In the summer it is nice to be able to sit outside. Easy to park and friendly helpful staff.

• Visited November 2013
Peoria, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't say enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Our food was great and our service was phenominal our waitress Kim was the best!!! I would definitely go back

• Visited November 2013