“Great Location Awesome Staff”

Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Road Warrior
“Great Location Awesome Staff”
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Great business hotel. Outstanding staff and location. I've stayed at all the downtown hotels, this one is by far the best.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank horns28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
North Prairie
Reviewed 20 January 2011

can't beat the service, price ,convenience to all venues. CAT people convenience... its perfect, close to training center, sports fans.... across from Civic Center, healthcare..... lodging 5 blocks from three major fantastic facilities. I've stayed there every time I'm in Peoria and have never been disappointed.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Exectg
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel because it was walking distance to the Civic Center. Well, the front desk women was EXTREMELY rude to not only me but other people that were waiting in line in front of me. I was looking for the pool asked her, she screamed at me "through the double doors!!!!!!" Hot breakfast on weekends is 7:30, not 6:30 as stated which was annoying because we had to eat before that. The thing that was most upsetting, is that the walls are paper thin. Of coarse the people next to me were partying, running down the halls, making tons of noise well past 11pm. I called front desk, same rude women said sorry you can feel free to knock on their door! My god, isn't that what management is for??!! For 178.00 per night, I have to say NOT worth any penny of it. I think it was my worst hotel experience and will NEVER EVER stay at this place again. Rooms were somewhat clean ( mainly dusty).

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank cowboy32
MD
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I was surprised about te kitchen in the room, it had everything: plates, pans, forks knives etc. It was very quiet and clean. The decoration could use an update especially the TV. The breakfast was veryyyy good and they also had special dinners on certain days which was nice. They have a corner full of frozen foods and snakes and personal essentials which is always open 24/7 conveniat if u need food on the run!!!!! The business center is even better with printer, coperies, envelopes, computers and free internet open 24/7 pretty awesome!!! Don't forget to grab their shuttle service which is useful!!

• Stayed January 2011
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2010

My husband and I booked this hotel through priceline for one nights stay, our son was playing basketball at Bradley University. The reason we choose this hotel was because of its location, close to Bradley University and downtown. So, after watching our son play ball we might be able to take in dinner and some nightlife. On this hotels website it states they have a complimentary shuttle for anywhere whithin 3 miles, which would have included downtown. However, on checkin I was told that the complimentary shuttle was only available Monday thru Friday not on weekends, and then the clerk offered to call us a cab at our expense. Which, I thought was not fair since they advertised the complimentary shuttle on their website with no stipulation that it was only available through the week and not weekends. Then the clerk said, "this is a business hotel and we only run it during the weekdays". After I told my husband about the complimentary shuttle not being available, he called down to the front desk and asked for the general managers name and a number he could be reached at. The clerk stated he did not have a general manager or a number for him to call. My husband told the clerk he would just look up the corprate number and call there. If this was the only issue we had while staying there I might be able to get past it, but it wasn't. Priceline had us booked in King smoking room, I asked for nonsmoking and they moved us to a Queen nonsmoking. Went back to front desk after seeing Queen and asked if they had a King nonsmoking and was told that would be an upgrade and cost more, even though priceline had us booked in King. The clerk stated it was because we had booked through priceline and not through Staybridge. The Queen nonsmoking rooms air conditioner was not working properly, turned thermostat down to 50, temp never got below 74 and carpet was soaked in front of unit. The morning we left toliet clogged and overflowed, we had to turn the water off to keep it from flooding the bathroom. Just not a good experience and would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindalu59
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Despite being a longtime Priority Club member I had never stayed at a Staybridge Suites before. I was very happy with my selection of this property. The rooms are nice, clean and being a suite, equipped with kitchen appliances. The bed was very comfortable. Located in downtown Peoria there are plenty of places to eat nearby. However I found out that every Tues-Thurs is a free food and drink reception in the early evening so there was no need to wander off property for dinner. Full breakfast included in the morning. Staff was exceptional. I look forward to staying there again when I return to the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We stayed over the memorial weekend,100.00 to stay,and took advanage of the free breakfast buffet,the bed was a bit hard to sleep on and one of the wash rags had a blood stain on it,which was really gross.I would suggest if you stay there check your towels and wash rags before using them.We had some trouble with the room keys not working we had to change the keys 3 different times,The staff was really nice! I would not stay there again,I will stay somewhere else next week-end I will be coming about every other week-end for the river front festivals and will need a place to stay,any suggestions where to stay in the downtown area of Peoria Illinois?

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Mark Twain Hotel
Mark Twain Hotel
#6 of 23 in Peoria
Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Courtyard Peoria Downtown
Wingate by Wyndham Peoria
Country Inn & Suites Peoria North

Been to Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown? Share your experiences!