“You won't go away hungry!”

Famous Dave's Barbeque
Ranked #54 of 409 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a family group of 13 and ordered a variety of items. We started off with Sweetfish Catfish Fingers and Onion Strings. Both were delicious. The ribs and barbeque selections were tasty and the only complaint I heard was that we couldn't take the leftovers home because we were on the road!

1  Thank dvcfan2

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Picked up carry out yesterday and as usual, my food was sooooo good. The staff is always so pleasant and helpful. The rib tips, ribs, chicken wings, and all are comfort food at its best. Love Famous Dave's.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Have been here many times and will be back. With one glaring exception service has been friendly and well done.

Portions are large bordering on huge. Brisket has always been fine with only once exception. The flash fried onion strings are delicious. I haven't ever tried the fish. This is mass produced chain food and is fine for that setting. Each table has a tray of 6 different BBQ sauces that are OK but a little unimaginative for my taste.

There is full bar service. They have most of the standard beers on tap and every so often have something interesting on rotation.

Weekdays they have a cheaper menu during the day.

There are several TVs in the bar area where food is also served. There is an open seating area for use in warmer weather. The inside can get crowded and noisy at times. The bar area has never been that way.

Personally, I think the BBQ is better at Hickory River across the street but for a full sit down meal I come here.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited Famous Daves and ordered the platter for two. It was quick and delicious. It was a crazy amount of food. The roasted chicken was our favorite. The sides were tasty as well. Supposedly on Tuesday night two can eat for $19.99. That is a great deal! We enjoyed our dinner and our waitress Emily was very efficient as well.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

My wife headed to Dave's knowing we were going to have corn muffins. If you haven't been there that is the first thing I think about. As we started looking at the menu, we couldn't bring ourselves to pick the 13 to 15 fish pick. Our burger and fries were still over 10 each. Granted my burger was outstanding and so were my fries. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We did have our corn muffins. Which are still outstanding. I think however that some budget meals could be incorporated like bandanas. It will be a while before we are back but good experience overall.