“Standard...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
“Standard...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

This is a standard Springhill. Breakfast area is fairly large with the standard Springhill foods. The location is nice, a one minute walk to Five Guys, an upscale Italian, a Panera's, and several other restaurants. They are doing renovation, so if you are staying soon and are doing anything other than in and out, check to see if done. The noise at about 5:30pm when I arrived outside my window was very loud. Otherwise, standard stuff with a slightly high nightly rate.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back side by the mall.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotelier0920, Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Thank you so much for your comments! We value your business and feedback greatly. We certainly look forward to serving you again in the future and the challenge of making your next stay with us even better!!

Asst. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Central City, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

I am so disappointed in this hotel. I made a reservation several weeks ago and called on the Wednesday before our check-in on Saturday to ensure that we would have a feather-free room and I requested a room on a high floor. Both of these requests are in our Marriott profile and were made at the time of the reservation. At the time of check-in, we were assigned a room on the first floor and it was not feather-free. I have severe asthma and a feather-free room is a MUST. The staff at the front desk acted as if this was the first notice she'd had of my request. She was unable to give me a time as to when a feather-free room would be available. All she could say was that they were working on it. We were in town for a wedding and were anxious to get check-in, so we could shower and change for the event. Forty-five minutes later our room was ready for us. It was a feather-free room on a high floor. I appreciated that. The room itself was clean and comfortable. But this is a continuing problem for us with Marriott properties. I have selected feather-free room and high floor on my Marriott profile. I request it at the time of each reservation and always call ahead to try and ensure the room will be feather-free upon our arrival. The last three times I've checked into a room with feather pillows and a feather comforter. Unfortunately, this hotel was not exception. I found the front desk personnel to be less than professional. The amenities in the room were cheap. Breakfast was bare bones. This stay has confirmed my opinion that Marriott properties are not what they used to be. I would not stay here again unless it was a blizzard and this was the only hotel room in a 100-mile radius.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that the staff overlooked the request for a feather free room and am very understanding of the need for such a request. I am happy to read that they resolved the issue and were able to obtain a room that fulfilled your needs. I recently came to the property so I am unsure of the prior circumstances that caused the error; however, I can tell you that we currently are very diligent when checking guest requests and do everything we can to fullfill these requets (especially those related to health issues). I do hope you give us another chance as we have also recently renovated all of our hotel rooms. Additionally, our breakfast buffet now currently includes many options include a great variety in eggs, sausages, cereals, yougurts, waffles, bagels, muffins, pastries, and much more. We hope you get to experience the new SpringHill Suites!
Brenham, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Our stay was over a very busy holiday weekend. The staff was well prepared, helpful and friendly. With two college soccer teams, a large group of wedding guests and other visitors, the hotel was full. The kitchen staff made sure everyone had plenty to eat and worked tirelessly to keep the eggs and sausage fresh and other selections well-stocked. Well done, ladies! The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job keeping the rooms clean and fresh and still had time to share a kind word with the guests they saw. The ladies at the front desk were eager to help with everything from restaurant recommendations to room key problems. The rooms were large, comfortable & quiet with plenty of room to spread out. Definitely worth booking here again.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for your positive feedback! We truly LOVE hearing from our valued guests and we take pride when you express your positive experiences! We look forward to serving you again, as we hope your travels bring you back to Peoria, IL.

Best Wishes,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

The business travellers are thronging this place and the management is running the show with poor amenities. Breakfast, cleanliness of the room, ... u name it .. it sucks! Shame on you Marriott.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are currently in the process of beginning a complete renovation of our property. We more than appreciate all of the business brought to us by CAT and so many other important corporations in the area. Though, we take pride in our property and especially our outstanding customer service associates, we hope after our renovation is complete, and your travels bring you back to the area, you will give us another try.

Upstate NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night, prior to an appointment in Peoria the next day.

Overall, I was quite happy. Staff was friendly and welcoming. My suite was clean and comfortable. The only issues were minor: the bottom sheet on the bed was obviously too large and was clearly a king size sheet on a queen mattress. Really?? Also, there seemed to be a lack of hot water late at night; running the faucet for 5 minutes yielded only lukewarm water. There was plenty of hot water the next morning. But the hotel needs to keep in mind not everyone showers in the early morning!

Unlike some other reviewers, I found the internet connection to be fast and stable. It would not, however, allow me to use my iPhone, although I was able to connect fine with my laptop and iPad.

Breakfast service was a good value. I wish I'd known that the hotel provides free shuttle service to and from the airport, as well as local destinations. That would have saved me a ridiculous $30 cab fare from the airport!

While there is no hotel restaurant, there are a number of casual dining options in the strip mall adjacent to the hotel. It's a two minute walk.

Both check in and check out took all of a few seconds, and the front desk staff could not have been nicer.

Overall, I feel this hotel was a very good value, and I would not hesitate to recommend it or to stay here in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad to read that you had a fantastic time with us! Thanks for sharing your experience and highlighting our comfortable suites, convenient shuttle, and friendly staff. I'm unsure as to how the wrong size sheet ended up on the bed and I appologize for the minor issue. If you do have any issues in the future; please notify our front desk and they will be happy to help. It's good to hear you had a great experience. We hope to see you again!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Springhill Suites is one of our favorite, most dependable hotel chains, but this particular location needs updating.

Pros: great government rate; large rooms; located near I-74, restaurants and shopping; free breakfast

Cons: decor needs to be updated

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 4Bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to highlight our great rates, large suites, convenient location, and fantastic breakfast! You were absolutely correct that our decor needed updating and will be happy to hear that since your visit we have completely remodeled the property. I hope you get to experience the new SpringHill Suites!
Saint Charles, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

Overal this hotel is alright. When we arrived, I went with my 10 year old daughter and made a reservation for double rooms. Well, there was a high school sporting event that weekend and the front desk told me that my paperwork was wrong even though it clearly stated that it was a double bed. Her words, "well you are out of luck, its a single bed, is that fine?" Anyway when we got to the room, my daughter used the bathroom and the toliet flooded. Management came up and said nobody was on staff to help and heres a plunger. She noticed my frustation and gave us a room on top floor which was much bigger and no problems from there. The beds were just alright and the couches were very uncomfortable. Plus the hallways had very loud teenagers running the halls. Cant fault the hotel for this but the walls are real thin and we could hear every conversation. However our final room was clean. The breakfast is excellent, very high quality food. The swimming pool was a plus except for January the water was colder than it should be. The hotel is cental located and easy to access downtown. Getting to the hotel is a challenge because there is a curve in the road where you basically have to do a U turn everytime you enter the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor which are slightly bigger.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nick R, Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this review, 31 March 2015
Dear Kim L,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am disheartened to read of your time with us as it sounds as if it was far inferior to the great experiences our guests regularly share with us. I do have to say that this sounds like an unusual experience for our property and not the normal praise we typically hear in our reviews. We hope you choose to stay with us next time your travels bring you to Peoria.

Katie Pollard