“Just okay....”

SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Not very impressed. The rooms could really use some TLC. We had a big crack across the room. This of course didn't effect us, however this looked terrible. There was a lot of noise past midnight and when I called the front desk there wasn't much they could do about it. Stayed 2 nights and I didn't even bother calling about the noise. The fire alarms went off at 5am, 5:15am & 5:30am (approximately). It was a false alarm however we were never told. We tried to call the front desk & no answer twice. With 2 young kids this was very traumatic. The pool was average. My 9 year old said the pull out sofa was comfy. Bathroom was small- the door barely cleared the toilet when closing the door. The heat kicked on every 30 minutes even after we shut it off. Was disappointed as we heard god things about this chain. Will probably try another hotel next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Ask that your room not be by the elevator. Very loud.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Amy J, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are currently in the process of a complete renovation of our property. Though, we take pride in our property and especially our outstanding customer service associates, we hope after our renovation is complete, and your travels bring you back to the area, you will give us another try.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

I always stay here when I'm in Peoria on business. Rooms are clean, quite and hotel staff are the best. Hotel is close to a Panera Bread (for coffee) and Biaggi's (for a glass of wine). The manager was so helpful this summer with reservation for my co-workers.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Amy J, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for your positive feedback! We truly LOVE hearing from our valued guests, this helps us to make your next stay with us even better! We look forward to serving you again.

Amy Johnson
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I have stayed at the Peoria Springhill Suites every week for the last couple of months. The staff are always very friendly and they cheerfully greet you as you walk past the front desk. The rooms are pretty basic but they are always neat and clean. There is a good Italian restaurant around the corner and a lot of other shopping and food choices close by too. I have other hotel choices closer to my work but I choose this hotel every time because of the friendly staff and clean rooms. I've had a great stay every time!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Olive272

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel! We strive to provide outstanding service each and every day. And it is loyal guests, such as yourself, that make our jobs a such a pleasure! We truly LOVE hearing from our valued guests, this helps us to make your next stay with us even better! We look forward to serving you again.

Amy Johnson
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for three days leading up to my wedding. It was an awesome place. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We never walked past the clerk without a friendly comment or a question about what they could do to make me comfortable or happy. Small town feel was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank jebranson
Hotelier0920, Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel! We strive to provide outstanding service each and every day. And it is loyal guests, such as yourself, that make our jobs a such a pleasure! Congratulations on your new marriage and may happiness follow wherever life may lead.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stay at this hotel 8 - 12 nights a year. Great hotel for the business traveler. Clean, quiet and reasonably priced rooms. The hotel manager and staff are friendly and helpful. Free breakfast is not that good, but hey it's free. Also, there is a Panera Bread in the shopping center next door and a Dunkin Donuts pretty close.

Room Tip: Hotel fills up, so book early if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for your feedback about our breakfast selections! We truly LOVE hearing from our valued guests, this helps us to make your next stay with us even better! We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

This is a standard Springhill. Breakfast area is fairly large with the standard Springhill foods. The location is nice, a one minute walk to Five Guys, an upscale Italian, a Panera's, and several other restaurants. They are doing renovation, so if you are staying soon and are doing anything other than in and out, check to see if done. The noise at about 5:30pm when I arrived outside my window was very loud. Otherwise, standard stuff with a slightly high nightly rate.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back side by the mall.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your comments! We value your business and feedback greatly. We certainly look forward to serving you again in the future and the challenge of making your next stay with us even better!!

Reviewed 23 September 2012

I am so disappointed in this hotel. I made a reservation several weeks ago and called on the Wednesday before our check-in on Saturday to ensure that we would have a feather-free room and I requested a room on a high floor. Both of these requests are in our Marriott profile and were made at the time of the reservation. At the time of check-in, we were assigned a room on the first floor and it was not feather-free. I have severe asthma and a feather-free room is a MUST. The staff at the front desk acted as if this was the first notice she'd had of my request. She was unable to give me a time as to when a feather-free room would be available. All she could say was that they were working on it. We were in town for a wedding and were anxious to get check-in, so we could shower and change for the event. Forty-five minutes later our room was ready for us. It was a feather-free room on a high floor. I appreciated that. The room itself was clean and comfortable. But this is a continuing problem for us with Marriott properties. I have selected feather-free room and high floor on my Marriott profile. I request it at the time of each reservation and always call ahead to try and ensure the room will be feather-free upon our arrival. The last three times I've checked into a room with feather pillows and a feather comforter. Unfortunately, this hotel was not exception. I found the front desk personnel to be less than professional. The amenities in the room were cheap. Breakfast was bare bones. This stay has confirmed my opinion that Marriott properties are not what they used to be. I would not stay here again unless it was a blizzard and this was the only hotel room in a 100-mile radius.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that the staff overlooked the request for a feather free room and am very understanding of the need for such a request. I am happy to read that they resolved the issue and were able to obtain a room that fulfilled your needs. I recently came to the property so I am unsure of the prior circumstances that caused the error; however, I can tell you that we currently are very diligent when checking guest requests and do everything we can to fullfill these requets (especially those related to health issues). I do hope you give us another chance as we have also recently renovated all of our hotel rooms. Additionally, our breakfast buffet now currently includes many options include a great variety in eggs, sausages, cereals, yougurts, waffles, bagels, muffins, pastries, and much more. We hope you get to experience the new SpringHill Suites!