“Great quiet place to stay.”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was using this hotel as a meeting spot for our 3 year anniversary, as we live far apart. On arrival the two ladies at front checked me in promptly, and very nicely. i told them the situation and told them i'd be in and out with some flowers, chocolates, and a giant stuffed bear, (4 1/2 ft tall, about 5 foot around, GIANT) but anyway. they told me it was cute, and asked if they could help. i thanked them and said no just because i'm that way. i got the room setup at a little near 6pm on friday, i then had the idea, that if i had the room key already, my lady would realize i'd already been there and know something was up. So i kindly asked if they could keep the card, and they said sure, then added, would you like us to forget who you are and ask your name, (pretend) run your credit card again, and tell you all the optional stuff at the hotel again. i grinned and said yes and they chuckled and said no problem. they were SO helpful and my lady had no idea the surprise waiting for her. i am terrible with names, but they deserve a raise for sure. then saturday evening, they were very helpful again...they made the stay extra nice. there was a team of teen girls, for volleyball, and i think swim? and they were noisy for a short while, but the rooms are extremely quiet and comfortable. will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Recently stayed here for a girls weekend getaway with a friend from Galesburg. We wanted a hotel with a hot tub and pool, and was kind of shocked there were so few options. The hotel is about 15 minutes from downtown Peoria, but it's a pretty straight shot. So if you have business there it's not a bad drive. The staff was very friendly and chatty.
The rooms were so comfortable and inviting. The beds were really soft and felt like they ate you up when you laid down. The beds had nice pump pillows and plenty of them on the bed. So you didn't have to call and get more. We were able to get adjoining rooms for our group of 5, we fit perfectly in the two rooms.
One minor issue was the fan in the bathrooms didn't work, we advised the hotel staff, since post showering the room was steamed up and extremely stuffy. Also the shower area could have used some TLC for caulking, it looked like the shower would pull out of the wall in one of our rooms.
The breakfast was awesome. There was a huge selection of 2 types of eggs, yogurt, waffle bar, danishes, cereal, oatmeal, sausage, cottage cheese. Also coffee was available all day.
Hot tub is big, nice perk to find a big hot tub to lounge in after a long day of shopping.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now and have had a wonderful experience each and every time. The staff there is always very kind and always accommodating to one's needs. It is a very clean place and just a really great hotel to stay .I travel to Peoria quite often and will continue to stay at the AmericInn .

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I want to begin by saying that the staff was very friendly, especially the third shift front desk receptionist. I was, however, disappointed with several facets of the hotel. When I choose to spend more than $100.00 per night for a room it is because I expect the extra "Perks" that are advertised. I was with my three kids and we first read of things like freshly baked cookies and a manager's reception, none were present. A huge commercial popcorn cart was in the corridor, but wasn't used. I do understand that ALL may not be there on the same night. But, how about ONE?

The breakfast was only marginally better than a continental breakfast. The ONLY items to slightly elevate it from that was premade sausage gravy and a cold tray of biscuits. I read of things such as sausage, bacon or ham. Eggs. Yogurt. None were there. I specifically asked the hostess about eggs, as did other guests. She simply replied that "there were none today." It is not fair to the patrons choosing to spend money for perks if the perks are not there on the day that we are. We were not wrong to expect the "Perks" that we paid for.

The pool was nice. The hot tub was incredibly foamy, and that is generally a sign of things like excessive body oils, urine, or soaps present.

This was not what I expected for the price. I have stayed at other Americinn's, and was very happy. I understand that each is privately owned and operated. This was in no way a good value.

Room Tip: Ask BEFORE booking what will be on the menu for breakfast. Cold donuts and coffee do NOT comprise &q...
2  Thank Lynette L
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had excellent service here on our last trip. The reception staff as well as the cleaning staff was very helpful and very pleasant. The pool was great, along with the hot tub. Breakfast was good. Our boys love to make their own waffles as well as have a big variety for their breakfast. We also loved that they had a little manager's welcome in the early evening of pop, water, beer, and soup free of charge. When we told the staff that we were there awaiting a new baby to be born in the family, she gave us the hospital rate, which was awesome! All around, great service and clean hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank April J
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I recently stayed at the AmericInn in Peoria, IL for the first time. For what I consider a mid-grade hotel, I thought it was a good value for the money. Despite being fairly crowded, it was very quiet. I thought the pool area and jacuzzi were especially nice. Definitely goes on the short list for future visits. There was a Panera Bread, Einstein Bros. Bagel, and Kroger within walking distance, and several places to eat nearby. A good place to stay if you are doing things on the north side of Peoria.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We moved away from Peoria and needed to find a great place for a great price, this hotel fits that bill. Makes coming back easy. Nothing to worry about nice side of town will lite parking, food close, interstate close. You can get to the Shoppes