“Do NOT Book this hotel!”

Extended Stay America - Peoria - North
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Do NOT book a room here. You will regret it. We booked 3 rooms and have huge regrets. The desk staff was untrained and extremely rude. After waiting hours for our rooms they were filthy and not the rooms we booked. Beds are hard as a rock, bedding has numerous holes and stains. The cheap rate is not at all worth what you get. We even tried speaking to the manager who could care less that his guests were not happy. His answer was that the hotel has been booked full for the last 5 months so he could care less. The stench is horrible even in the hallways. BOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Room Tip: Book at the other hotels close to this location
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Peoria - North. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

I booked the Extended StayAmerica Peoria-North for the SteamBoat Classic run in Peoria, IL. I was looking for a place just to sleep for the night that had some decent reviews and a good price. I only paid $50 off of Hotles.com for the room. These rooms are for people staying for an extended period of time. They have kitchens in them which I did not use of course. I was greeted be the hotel staff. They were nice and asked if I needed anything else. I was put on the second floor and when I opened the door I kind of got this body order stinch in the room. It only seemed to be by the door and not in the rest of the room. The bed was not comfortable at all and I thought the matress was worn out. The walls were thin and you could hear people talking through them. The worst part was my room must of had the main water line to other rooms. Everytime someone would turn a fawcett on you could hear the water and it was loud! Like I said the price was right and the room seemed to be clean but I think I would move on to a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank QR3

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Peoria - North. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

Reviewed 1 April 2011

Overall a great experience. The rooms have been recently renovated, the hotel is very clean and well run. It is in a good location - easy access to restaurants, shopping, and activities in Peoria and Central IL areas.

Room Tip: Ask for a Signature room.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Cromwell55711

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Peoria - North. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 7 July 2010

I hesitantly selected the Extended Stay for a one month stay between moves. I chose this place as I needed a pet-friendly place and opted for the cheapest one of the bunch offered here in Peoria. I am 2 weeks into my stay and felt compelled to update the reviews on here.

I stayed in a Queen Studio. The room was a nice size and I never felt crowded in the place. There was plenty of space to put my suitcases out of the way as well. The room has cable TV (30 channels) that sits on a rotating mount which is nice when you want to turn it to watch TV from the kitchenette area.

For a one-time-fee of $4.99, you have wifi for your entire stay. Internet speed is fine for email, surfing, etc, but too slow for downloading or streaming movies.

Rooms are cleaned once a week, but if you want to vacuum more often, you can get one from the front desk (free). I was given four sets of towels for the week. Find out your scheduled cleaning day if you have pets as the room will NOT be cleaned if they are in the room outside of their crate. My room was clean when I arrived and I have no complaints about cleanliness. The hallways do have older carpet that has been stained, but I never thought it was a big deal.

Honestly, for $39.99/night this place is a steal! I have never stayed in a cheaper hotel in the USA.

In order to back up my review, I have uploaded some photos. I think this place is totally fine! Judge for yourself.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Jen31373
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Room was dirty (soda bottle, toys, coins under the bed), guests above were like a herd of cattle, waking my children at 1 - 2 am each night. When I complained on the last night , there was no change in level of noise. Upon check out I was told there had " been previous problems with this room, but they were corporate renters, so they bring a lot of revenue"... like my money and comfort don't matter? When I contacted the manager, there was no resolution to the problem. He did offer for me to stay free on my next visit, which I told him was highly unlikely to happen. Have never been treated so rudely in my life !!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Asked in advance for a non-smoking room. Had to switch from the first room they gave me due to the cigarette odor. Second room had a cracked window and the hallway outside the room was extensively stained by water or whatever (i.e., cleaning staff spilling the mop bucket). If it was earlier in the evening I would have switched to something else like a Holiday Inn Express, but I was too tired. I did get a good rest though and the water pressure in the shower was good. Like the title says, this place could try harder to present a better image.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I admit, it's a budget property, but what a way to save on your costs. We stayed here for a weekend conference in Peoria and saved almost 50% over the cost of the "official" hotel. Additionally, with bringing some of our own food from home and doing a very basic shopping trip to a local grocery, we ended up only paying for one meal out the whole time we were here. The rooms on the first floor look directly into the parking lot (we had a corner room, which overlooked the lot from both windows), but are non-smoking. The room was a little noisy from construction trucks parking by our room and the people above us (clearly audible), but it didn't seem as if they had much of a choice of where to put us - the hotel was basically full the whole weekend. I thought the cleanliness level upon check--in was fine, and hanging up your own towels and making your own bed everyday is not so much to ask, as long as you're saving this much money. The front desk staff were occasionally hard to locate (out in the smoking area) but always helpful and friendly. No frills, but if you know that going in, I think it's a good value.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank itsbubbles