“Not a fav but clean, economical stay”

Extended Stay America - Peoria - North
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
East Peoria, Illinois
“Not a fav but clean, economical stay”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The lobby wasn't encouraging when I checked in (a bit dated, lackluster & shabby), but the rooms were more than adequate for comfort and cleanliness. Considering it was a "smoking" hotel, the public areas carried a smoky smell, but once inside the room, you were unable to tell there was smoking at all inside. I felt my stay was worth the cost. It is located nearby eateries and shopping. I also used the kitchenette, which was adequately stocked. When I asked for another skillet, they were able to comply with my request. When you plan to stay here, just don't expect a LOT. Adequate and Economical rules this stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank OnTheEdge59
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I was sorry to hear about your disappointment with the Lobby. Please accept my apology. Thank you for your comments about the Cleanliness and Comfort. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at PEN@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I checked out Wednesday morning and i have to say i did not enjoy my experience for the most part. The room was good, clean and comfy but the front desk agent? AWFUL! she had an attitude and was very rude. I couldn't even get a receipt for my stay because the lady seemed like she didn't know what she was doing and couldn't resolve a problem. I was very upset and will not be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am do a complete retraining of all Front Desk staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at kcesario@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Peoria hotels

Macomb, Illinois
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This was the filthiest, most disgusting place I've ever stayed. I hated it so much that I checked out a day early. The idea of waking up a second night in this dump was too depressing for me.

If you're a nonsmoker, you should know that 1/3 of this entire motel is smoking. That's right -- an ENTIRE FLOOR of the 3-floor complex. Unbelievable.

My problem was that I did the "name your own price" deal on Priceline and was stuck with the smoking room they gave me. I arrived late at night and there weren't any extra rooms, so I decided to tough it out. After all, how bad could a smoking room be? I'm not allergic to smoke, so I didn't really care.

Well, the room didn't smell like a person had smoked there. It smelled like an endless stream of people had smoked a carton of cigarettes a day there for the past 25 years, and the room was only cleaned about once a month (mostly to dump the ashtrays) during that time. The smell was in everything. I like experiencing new adventures when I travel. For example, before this trip, I'd never had the experience of taking a shower and then patting my face dry with a smoke-drenched towel that made me want to gag. But now I have.

The bed was so dirty that I didn't want to let my skin touch it. I suppose the sheets had been washed, but it was difficult to tell. They were yellowing and falling apart, way past the point of being suitable for cleaning up oil spills in your garage. The mattress cover was soiled with something dark-colored that I like to pretend was dirt. Even the pillows were a joke. They were both flat and stiff and oozing more smoky stench. I had to sleep on my back. Every time I'd turn on my side and get another whiff of the pillow, I wanted to throw up.

As a traveler, I have modest expectations. I once stayed in a crummy hostel in Dublin where I woke up and found a big cockroach crawling across my sheets. And I'd rather go back there than spend another night at this dive.

The folks who own this property should be embarrassed. They have set the bar so low that it makes you wonder what the bare minimum can be for a motel room. Is there a worse alternative? I half-considered trudging out to the parking lot and sleeping in my car.

The sole bright spot? I learned what a 1-star motel on Priceline really looks like. Ugh.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd floor!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank digdug85
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am having the hotel staff begin a deep cleaning project in all smoking rooms, we are getting all new mattresses the beginning of November. It is my hope that this in conjunction with the detailing will eliminate this problem. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at KCesario@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Chatelet, Belgium
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We could not afford to spend a lot on hotels.
This one was right what we needed.
Still with a short budget, we had excellent place to sleep, just next to big Peoria malls where you can find all kinds of restaurants.
We had coffee machines ready for us in the morning which created a very fun time, as coming over sea, we were still under Jet lag and so enjoyed the coffee at our 4:00 wake-up time.
The team is very friendly and helpful.
Just really fine again for the short budgets.

Room Tip: No real bets room, except maybe facing the woods instead of the mall.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Simply: Dirty room, non-smoking smelled like smoke, they don't clean without an extra fee, wouldn't extend the stay, dishes provided were dirty with food on them, cold shower, and would not give you extra towels. Furthermore, no one would help me with my luggage.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Paritravels
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Ottawa, IL
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The only thing keeping me from giving this dump a 1 was the friendly man at the desk. He was kind, cheerful, and helpful. Quite a task working in such a dump, I'm sure.
The room had some funky smell I could not define. It almost smelled like a combination of rubber, skunk, and sour garbage. Not pleasant. The bathroom was large but that's its only positive point. The floor was peeling up at the doorway, and you had to be careful not to jamb your foot on it when you walked in.
I'm in Peoria once a year. I will NEVER stay there again. I would sleep in my car instead!

Room Tip: Save yourself. Don't stay there!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Linda G
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Northville, Michigan
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This is a good choice if you are on a budget and aren't too fussy. I like the idea of having a stove, refrigerator and kitchenware in room. We only stayed for a weekend but the location was ok and price was right.
Water pressure was fine in shower. Bed seemed ok. Woke up refreshed after sleeping.
TV's are kinda small but we weren't there to watch TV.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Peoria - North. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.