“Avoid unless you wanna feel like you are staying the night in a bar!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Peoria - North

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Extended Stay America - Peoria - North
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
“Avoid unless you wanna feel like you are staying the night in a bar!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

To start, we arrived about 2am and while the desk lady was checking us in, she received a phone call from someone she thought was just trying to reach someone else in the hotel, a couple minutes later a girl comes out of the stairway, with several people still in the stairway saying did you call the police, could you hear me, he just pushed his way in my room. We get out of there to get our bags and as we get in the hallway, we see all the same people 3 rooms down from us, which was immediately uncomfortable, and it smelled horribly with smoke. Our room smelled horribly like smoke as well. I just felt dirty and uncomfortable the whole night. The shower had gray duct tape around the shower head as well. Even though we showered the next day, we felt like we left smelling like we had been at a bar all night. We finished the night, but cut our 2 night stay very short and checked out the next day.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank SamiD2323
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is totally unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the police and the staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at PEN@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

After a 12 hour hard drive, I was meet by an individual that was rude, and had very pour taste in humor! His jokes were insulting.......later on, I learned that he was the manager!!!! I spend the night, but left the next morning. I was planning a three day relaxing vacation in Peoria, the bad experience set the tone for only one day. Overall, so so facility....but managements needs training on customer service!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank derabenold
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that your First Impression was not a good one. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am a training session with my entire front desk staff, including the Manager. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your input. I would like to discuss this further to get more detailed information on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me at kcesario@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Peoria hotels

Chicago, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

We had dried urine ALL over our toilet, a pubic hair that fell out of a folded dish towel, dried throw up or spilled food on pull-out sofa bed, dried pizza sauce on the chair, and food crumbs around kitchen sink. We left without taking a shower for fear what was on the tub floor and kept our shoes on until we climbed in bed. We will NEVER stay at an Extended Stay America again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank FamilyChicago_IL
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situations you described are simply not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am holding detailed retraining programs with my staff. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at pen@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thank you again for your response.
Itasca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

My recent experience (2/12/13) at the Extended Stay America Peoria - North exceeded my expectations. My room was quite spacious and very clean. I had a great night's sleep! I found the staff, especially the manager, to be very professional, courteous and accommodating. I feel that I did not sacrifice value for the very reasonable price I paid for my stay. And I most definitely will stay there again when I visit my daughter and future son-in-law even though the neighborhood abounds with the competition!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The stay you described is exactly what we strive for, and I sincerely thank you for sharing your experience. In response to your feedback, I am proud and happy to let the staff know they performed well, and will encourage them to keep up the standards of Extended Stay Hotels. Thanks you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at PEN@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with another plesant stay the next time you're in the area.
East Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

The lobby wasn't encouraging when I checked in (a bit dated, lackluster & shabby), but the rooms were more than adequate for comfort and cleanliness. Considering it was a "smoking" hotel, the public areas carried a smoky smell, but once inside the room, you were unable to tell there was smoking at all inside. I felt my stay was worth the cost. It is located nearby eateries and shopping. I also used the kitchenette, which was adequately stocked. When I asked for another skillet, they were able to comply with my request. When you plan to stay here, just don't expect a LOT. Adequate and Economical rules this stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank OnTheEdge59
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I was sorry to hear about your disappointment with the Lobby. Please accept my apology. Thank you for your comments about the Cleanliness and Comfort. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at PEN@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

I checked out Wednesday morning and i have to say i did not enjoy my experience for the most part. The room was good, clean and comfy but the front desk agent? AWFUL! she had an attitude and was very rude. I couldn't even get a receipt for my stay because the lady seemed like she didn't know what she was doing and couldn't resolve a problem. I was very upset and will not be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am do a complete retraining of all Front Desk staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at kcesario@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Macomb, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

This was the filthiest, most disgusting place I've ever stayed. I hated it so much that I checked out a day early. The idea of waking up a second night in this dump was too depressing for me.

If you're a nonsmoker, you should know that 1/3 of this entire motel is smoking. That's right -- an ENTIRE FLOOR of the 3-floor complex. Unbelievable.

My problem was that I did the "name your own price" deal on Priceline and was stuck with the smoking room they gave me. I arrived late at night and there weren't any extra rooms, so I decided to tough it out. After all, how bad could a smoking room be? I'm not allergic to smoke, so I didn't really care.

Well, the room didn't smell like a person had smoked there. It smelled like an endless stream of people had smoked a carton of cigarettes a day there for the past 25 years, and the room was only cleaned about once a month (mostly to dump the ashtrays) during that time. The smell was in everything. I like experiencing new adventures when I travel. For example, before this trip, I'd never had the experience of taking a shower and then patting my face dry with a smoke-drenched towel that made me want to gag. But now I have.

The bed was so dirty that I didn't want to let my skin touch it. I suppose the sheets had been washed, but it was difficult to tell. They were yellowing and falling apart, way past the point of being suitable for cleaning up oil spills in your garage. The mattress cover was soiled with something dark-colored that I like to pretend was dirt. Even the pillows were a joke. They were both flat and stiff and oozing more smoky stench. I had to sleep on my back. Every time I'd turn on my side and get another whiff of the pillow, I wanted to throw up.

As a traveler, I have modest expectations. I once stayed in a crummy hostel in Dublin where I woke up and found a big cockroach crawling across my sheets. And I'd rather go back there than spend another night at this dive.

The folks who own this property should be embarrassed. They have set the bar so low that it makes you wonder what the bare minimum can be for a motel room. Is there a worse alternative? I half-considered trudging out to the parking lot and sleeping in my car.

The sole bright spot? I learned what a 1-star motel on Priceline really looks like. Ugh.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd floor!