“Motel rooms with a studio apartment feel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Peoria - North

Extended Stay America - Peoria - North
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Summerville, South Carolina
“Motel rooms with a studio apartment feel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

We were moving from Minnesota to South Carolina and Peoria, Illinois was our first stop on the journey. Not too far off the interstate with easy access, it was a much welcomed site.
Very clean and affordable, the motel room offered a mini fridge and microwave and was laid out like a small studio apartment. The 'pet friendly' place had plenty of space for our dog to run. There are many restaurants that are within walking distance. We visited the 'Wild Berries Restaurant' (also reviewed) and got a nice surprise there as well.
The motel was being renovated at the time but this was neither an inconvenience or a hassle.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that found your room to be clean, comfortable and affordable. As well that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen and the fact that our property is pet friendly. At this time, we are undergoing a major renovation so we can offer an even better experience to all of our guests. I am so pleased to know that this has not been an inconvenience for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Peru, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

When we checked in they did not have the room that we booked. A non-smoking room with 2 beds. The place was a total dump. We ended up taking the smoking room because all the hotels in the area were booked. The room was absolutely filthy. The carpet was filthy, did not look like it had been vacuumed in days. The bathroom was dirty as there were pubic hairs on the toilet before it had been used by anyone in my party!!! It was completely disgusting. The room smelled terrible. We slept in our cloths with the windows open when it was 40 degrees out because it was so awful. I will NEVER EVER stay at or recommend this hotel chain to anyone I like. Possibly someone I hate but that would be doubtful also. We couldn't get out fast enough!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank K K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the condition of your room. I discussed your comments with the team, and am going to be reviewing our cleanliness standards and policies with the entire staff to ensure this type of situation does not happen again in the future.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at pen@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Peoria hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Check in process was quick, check out the same. Desk staff I met was awesome always had smiles and greeted me with a hello. My room was up to my standards I love the little kitchen even though I did not use it during my stay. I have to say I was quite impressed considering I've paid more for less quality rooms. In a nut shell great price for stay with good customer service I plan to be back next year!
- Kaityln M

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Kaityln - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that your stay met and exceeded your expectations. As well, it was great to read that the staff was friendly and attentive.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

The wife and I book 2 night stay at this hotel. Went to Peoria to cost friends. When we were checking in. A women came running out from the stairs and asked the front desk person to "call the cops he's in my room". Not a good sign. So we head to our room and had a few ppl standing in the hallway arguing. You can imagine in your own head on what "this ppl" looked like. The 1 guy said to me that be was just trying to get his baby. At this point we didn't feel safe. When we got to the room it was very dirty!! Stains on the walls and floor. Duck tape to hold the shower head together. Very Smokey smell thru the whole building. Long story short..... We checked out the next morning and took the lost on the $ and stayed at our friends house. Take my advice and stay somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank BigJZ
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. The staff and I take disturbances within the hotel very seriously and were able to rectify this guest issue. Please know, guest safety is our number one priority. As well, I am working with our housekeeping staff to ensure that all rooms are cleaned to the standards set forth by our company.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at PEN@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

To start, we arrived about 2am and while the desk lady was checking us in, she received a phone call from someone she thought was just trying to reach someone else in the hotel, a couple minutes later a girl comes out of the stairway, with several people still in the stairway saying did you call the police, could you hear me, he just pushed his way in my room. We get out of there to get our bags and as we get in the hallway, we see all the same people 3 rooms down from us, which was immediately uncomfortable, and it smelled horribly with smoke. Our room smelled horribly like smoke as well. I just felt dirty and uncomfortable the whole night. The shower had gray duct tape around the shower head as well. Even though we showered the next day, we felt like we left smelling like we had been at a bar all night. We finished the night, but cut our 2 night stay very short and checked out the next day.

1 Thank SamiD2323
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is totally unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the police and the staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at PEN@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

After a 12 hour hard drive, I was meet by an individual that was rude, and had very pour taste in humor! His jokes were insulting.......later on, I learned that he was the manager!!!! I spend the night, but left the next morning. I was planning a three day relaxing vacation in Peoria, the bad experience set the tone for only one day. Overall, so so facility....but managements needs training on customer service!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank derabenold
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that your First Impression was not a good one. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am a training session with my entire front desk staff, including the Manager. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your input. I would like to discuss this further to get more detailed information on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me at kcesario@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

We had dried urine ALL over our toilet, a pubic hair that fell out of a folded dish towel, dried throw up or spilled food on pull-out sofa bed, dried pizza sauce on the chair, and food crumbs around kitchen sink. We left without taking a shower for fear what was on the tub floor and kept our shoes on until we climbed in bed. We will NEVER stay at an Extended Stay America again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank FamilyChicago_IL
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situations you described are simply not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am holding detailed retraining programs with my staff. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at pen@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thank you again for your response.