“Let Me Sleep”

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Perth, Australia
“Let Me Sleep”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

In many of my reviews I say you get what you pay for. In this case we were let down. Booking in a hotel for us is usually for one thing - sleep quality - and this hotel did not deliver. In room 232 you know when any person at your end of the hotel is toileting, showering, washing hands or filling a kettle. The water pipes are terrible which was disappointing indeed!
The rest of the facilities were brilliant, especially as the room had a kitchen with full sized fridge, microwave, stove and sink. Impressive.
Several major shopping centers with brand names are located across the road as well as numerous well known eateries. A fabulous spot . . . . but at 6:00am the fire alarm went off. Not a good sleep at all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allan C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you fro your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize you were not able to enjoy a good nights rest due to the water pipes. My maintenance staff and I will continue to look further into this issue to ensure this does not happen again. Your comments in regards to the cleanliness and convenient location are greatly appreciated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guest so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at PEN@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 6 September 2013

What a great relaxing stay I had! The front desk clerk Ashley was amazing! Take notes other hotels, you all could learn a lesson or two about kind friendly service from Extended Stay. Rooms are clean and comfortable. It was just like home! I recommend this to all. Very peaceful. Great job Manager Cameron, you have a great staff and the cleanliness was definitely 5 stars!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing wonderful things about the staff. I'm glad that Ashley and I was able to make a lasting impression on you. Your kind words will help us continue to carry out our job of providing great customer service. Also, we are happy to hear that our rooms met your standards of cleanliness and comfort.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was our first experience staying in an extended stay america, we came from Cinti, Ohio, memphis tenn, athens georgia, california, and other states for our family reunion, they really rolled out the red carpet and made our stay very memoriable... Yes I would recommend this hotel for a large group also...We are very pleased...

Room Tip: any problems they work very hard to please you...we all enjoyed the rooms we had
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your room and that you were comfortable overall. We hope you enjoyed your family reunion!

Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 20 August 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was leary to stay there but with a big softball tournament in town I didn’t have much choice. It was very nice, clean and quiet. Everything was freshly painted and up to date. The staffs always acknowledged us and were friendly. During our stay the hotel was busy with softball families, contractors and professionals. We would stay there again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Nicki - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was better than expected. As well, I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and their efforts.

Oshkosh wi
Reviewed 29 July 2013

OK, ,I must admit that after reading some of these reviews I was leary about staying here. The place IS NOT A DUMP!! It is very well kept up. They have done a total overhaul in the past year. Updating outside grounds and also redoing almost all of the rooms. Our room was on the 2nd floor and had 1 queen bed. The room was freshly painted and very clean. The bathroom was oversized and again, looked like it was just redone. Kitchenette very nice clean, new wood flooring in the kitchen area. We had utensils, dishes, pots, pans etc in the cabinettes. My sister was in a room down the hall with the same cleanliness. We had others on down the other hall and same thing..Very clean and new. The lobby is nice and as we were there for softball there were plenty of washers and dryers to do our laundry. The hotel was smoking, and I guess were on the 3rd floor, but we did not smell the smoke, which was huge for me. Now I see comments here about the smell in the halls. OK people, remember these are rooms with kitchenettes. People are going to be cooking all types of food and the smell will go out in the halls. There is a garbage area at the end of the hall to put all of your garbage, which is emptied quite often. But generally the halls were very clean smelling. People have to remember that if there is just 1 staff member working, it may take some time to get things done. My thought if the gripers wanted a FOUR STAR hotel, why did you book this in the first place???????? Great price, and a wonderful hotel. The hotel manager was so accomodating. Our team had checked out of the hotel, but a rain storm came that evening so the games were postponed till the following day, and they were nice enough to accomodate everyone and offer the original rate, WHICH they did not have to do. I found the staff very nice and helpful. They offer breakfast to go with granola bars, fruits, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, coffee and hot chocolate. Many restaurants are in the area and a couple of grocery stores nearby also. Very easy access to the highways and very centraly locate. EVERYONE truly enjoyed their stay here....
If people are nervous still about the hotel, rooms 209/213/222/220/219/301/302/210/211/215 are awesome rooms, but I am thinking they all are. I think they still need to do some rooms on the 3rd floor...
I would definitely stay again here if we go to Peoria. Awesome price and you have a kitchenette, so you do not need to eat out all of the time.... The staff was great and so very helpful....

Room Tip: I did put in above the rooms that we all had and were great.. If your room, like room 213 is outside...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Cheryl - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you did not let the past reviews stop you from staying with us. The staff and I really appreciate everything you said and we will continue to provide excellent service and maintain the quality of the hotel for the next time you're in town.

Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future. I would love to hear more. Please feel free to contact me at PEN@extendedstay.com
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We were moving from Minnesota to South Carolina and Peoria, Illinois was our first stop on the journey. Not too far off the interstate with easy access, it was a much welcomed site.
Very clean and affordable, the motel room offered a mini fridge and microwave and was laid out like a small studio apartment. The 'pet friendly' place had plenty of space for our dog to run. There are many restaurants that are within walking distance. We visited the 'Wild Berries Restaurant' (also reviewed) and got a nice surprise there as well.
The motel was being renovated at the time but this was neither an inconvenience or a hassle.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that found your room to be clean, comfortable and affordable. As well that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen and the fact that our property is pet friendly. At this time, we are undergoing a major renovation so we can offer an even better experience to all of our guests. I am so pleased to know that this has not been an inconvenience for you.

Peru, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2013

When we checked in they did not have the room that we booked. A non-smoking room with 2 beds. The place was a total dump. We ended up taking the smoking room because all the hotels in the area were booked. The room was absolutely filthy. The carpet was filthy, did not look like it had been vacuumed in days. The bathroom was dirty as there were pubic hairs on the toilet before it had been used by anyone in my party!!! It was completely disgusting. The room smelled terrible. We slept in our cloths with the windows open when it was 40 degrees out because it was so awful. I will NEVER EVER stay at or recommend this hotel chain to anyone I like. Possibly someone I hate but that would be doubtful also. We couldn't get out fast enough!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank K K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Peoria - North, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the condition of your room. I discussed your comments with the team, and am going to be reviewing our cleanliness standards and policies with the entire staff to ensure this type of situation does not happen again in the future.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at pen@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Peoria hotels