“Pleasantly Surprised!!”

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Manila, Philippines
“Pleasantly Surprised!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2010

I hesitantly selected the Extended Stay for a one month stay between moves. I chose this place as I needed a pet-friendly place and opted for the cheapest one of the bunch offered here in Peoria. I am 2 weeks into my stay and felt compelled to update the reviews on here.

I stayed in a Queen Studio. The room was a nice size and I never felt crowded in the place. There was plenty of space to put my suitcases out of the way as well. The room has cable TV (30 channels) that sits on a rotating mount which is nice when you want to turn it to watch TV from the kitchenette area.

For a one-time-fee of $4.99, you have wifi for your entire stay. Internet speed is fine for email, surfing, etc, but too slow for downloading or streaming movies.

Rooms are cleaned once a week, but if you want to vacuum more often, you can get one from the front desk (free). I was given four sets of towels for the week. Find out your scheduled cleaning day if you have pets as the room will NOT be cleaned if they are in the room outside of their crate. My room was clean when I arrived and I have no complaints about cleanliness. The hallways do have older carpet that has been stained, but I never thought it was a big deal.

Honestly, for $39.99/night this place is a steal! I have never stayed in a cheaper hotel in the USA.

In order to back up my review, I have uploaded some photos. I think this place is totally fine! Judge for yourself.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Jen31373

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
St. Louis
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Room was dirty (soda bottle, toys, coins under the bed), guests above were like a herd of cattle, waking my children at 1 - 2 am each night. When I complained on the last night , there was no change in level of noise. Upon check out I was told there had " been previous problems with this room, but they were corporate renters, so they bring a lot of revenue"... like my money and comfort don't matter? When I contacted the manager, there was no resolution to the problem. He did offer for me to stay free on my next visit, which I told him was highly unlikely to happen. Have never been treated so rudely in my life !!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Peoria hotels

Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Asked in advance for a non-smoking room. Had to switch from the first room they gave me due to the cigarette odor. Second room had a cracked window and the hallway outside the room was extensively stained by water or whatever (i.e., cleaning staff spilling the mop bucket). If it was earlier in the evening I would have switched to something else like a Holiday Inn Express, but I was too tired. I did get a good rest though and the water pressure in the shower was good. Like the title says, this place could try harder to present a better image.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I admit, it's a budget property, but what a way to save on your costs. We stayed here for a weekend conference in Peoria and saved almost 50% over the cost of the "official" hotel. Additionally, with bringing some of our own food from home and doing a very basic shopping trip to a local grocery, we ended up only paying for one meal out the whole time we were here. The rooms on the first floor look directly into the parking lot (we had a corner room, which overlooked the lot from both windows), but are non-smoking. The room was a little noisy from construction trucks parking by our room and the people above us (clearly audible), but it didn't seem as if they had much of a choice of where to put us - the hotel was basically full the whole weekend. I thought the cleanliness level upon check--in was fine, and hanging up your own towels and making your own bed everyday is not so much to ask, as long as you're saving this much money. The front desk staff were occasionally hard to locate (out in the smoking area) but always helpful and friendly. No frills, but if you know that going in, I think it's a good value.

• Liked — kitchenette!
  • Disliked — view from room, noise from upstairs
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank itsbubbles
Portland, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 September 2008

PROS - Nice large room with lazyboy chair, desk, kitchen with full size refrigerator. Location for shopping.

CONS - People are allowed to cook in their room and the smell would stop a truck. Cleaning/Housekeeping - only once during a 1 week stay or if you are staying less, you pay $5.00.

The toilet was disgusting. Called housekeeping, and clearly the toilet had not been cleaned well in some time. Used towels on the bathroom floor because obviously if the toilet had not been cleaned, I am certain the floor had not. I did inform the front desk upon checking out and was credited $20.00 for my stay. Rate for a King room non-smoking was $52.95 a night. I also informed housekeeping that I thought a once a week cleaning was ridiculous, and that at least clean the bathroom every other day. I did email thier corporate office about this situation. I have a feeling that if the managment does not do a good job, in 2 to 5 years, this will end up being one of those "flea bag" hotels.

I only recommend this place if there is no other accomodations.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Policy regarding housekeeping and hotel service
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank susie6505
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 October 2004

This hotel was terrible in many ways. I booked this hotel 2 months in advance. I had reserved a queen size bed with an emphasis on non-smoker room (my wife is highly sensitive to smoke). When I arrived I was given a smoking room and was told there were no non-smoking rooms. I asked to see a manager but none was available. Not being familiar with the area and without ransportation (flew in at night and no rental car) I was forced to wait. The floor my room was on stunk of smoke. The room smelled so bad I had to walk to a Target store 3 blocks away to buy candles and Lysol, after turning on the air conditioner full blast and opening windows. It was a very uncomfortable night that ruined a simple vacation. In the morning I again asked for a manager and was told they were unavailable at "lunch". Yeah lunch at 10:30am.

Another bad thing is they give you these really awkward and flimsy plastic keys for your room door. I don't mean the little plastic cards with the magnetic strip. Try almost twice as long and three times thicker! What's funny is that each card has 4 rows of holes! Seems their doors use an overly complicated tumbler system to unlock. Well I had this card in my pocket and it broke. To add insult to injury they charged me $5 for the key and even added tax. I complained about all the above and still was not compensated or allowed to talk to a manager, talk about customer service!

I'm never going to stay there again and would recommend neither should you.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member