“A pleasant surprise”

Smo-King Pit
Ranked #29 of 409 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were passing thru Peoria and used trip advisor to lead us here .

I had the 6 rib meal with 2 sides.

Beans were ordinary but the slaw was delicious .

The ribs fell off the bone a bit too easily-usually means they were boiled first .Still were tasty .

Wife had pulled pork which was not smoky enough for her taste.They had run out of brisket.

An acceptable stop but not close to the great q in Nashville or Memphis

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Barbecue in a mall? Yes indeed and some of the best we'd eaten. Catfish, ribs, pulled pork, chicken - we tried them all and everything was delicious. Delighted by the variety of ways that the basics were prepared. Eleven people and no one unhappy. They were very accommodating when we came without reservation.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My son and I decided to have dinner here after hearing friends talk about how nice it is. We were not disappointed. The place is small, clean and has a great Christian atmosphere. The food was fabulous! I had the catfish/chicken breast dinner that comes with two sides. I have not had catfish that delicious in a long time! I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the chicken it was so tender that I didn't need a knife! My son ordered a BBQ burger with bacon which he said was great. We both lived their BBQ sauce. Our waitress Makayla was friendly and must have a photographic memory because she didn't write down any orders and had them perfect. This little place hidden in the mall is well worth the time!! Excellent job!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I would come here just to support the wonderful people who run this restaurant... but it really helps that their food is the best american food in town! :)

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I are huge BBQ fans and so when we were with our daughter at the Mall, we decided to give Smo-King Pit a try. We were so surprised! It was amazing! The prices were great, the decorations were awesome, and the food was unbelievable! I had the honey habanero wings and rib combo and I was in heaven! The ribs were great but the wings were some of the best wings I have ever had! My husband is super picky with his ribs and he said "next to Jim's in the Quad Cities, these are some of the best ribs I have had". We will DEFINITELY be frequenting often!

2  Thank Nicole-Jimmy H

Been to Smo-King Pit? Share your experiences!