“Consistently good food”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Naperville, Illinois
“Consistently good food”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have eaten many times at Jim's when returning to Peoria to visit family and friends. The Chef often is out and about among the patrons, providing a personal touch to the preparations. Prime Rib, which Chef Todd sliced off the roast table side was outstanding. Everyone else at the table seemed to enjoy their steaks as well. Good bar selection, as well (though this particular time they were out of my favorite gin). We concluded the dinner with bananas foster prepared tableside. Great show by the Chef, and a very tasty preparation. Tonight, they had a harpist providing ambient dinner music, which was very nice. In the bar area, they often have live piano music as well. Located right across from the Peoria Civic Center, this is a popular spot for the many entertainers who come to perform. Be sure to take time to look at all the autographed photos that cover the walls of the entry!

Visited October 2013

central Wisconsin, USA
“Feels like a cozy Bistro - good food”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Jim's was one block from my hotel, so I gave it a Thursday night try. Food was delicious but service from the kitchen a little slow. Wait staff was attentive and friendly. The salad was really good. I had a couple glasses of wine, but the first came in a greasy glass, and the waiter replaced that one. Their piano entertainment that night was not good at all ... unless you were ploched and didn't much care. I went there again with a friend and we enjoyed everything, this time with a much better pianist! I'd go again ... and probably again.

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, IL
“A Good Bet”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I understand Jim's has several locations. This one is downtown in the lower level of an office building and a block from the Pere Marquette Hotel. Jim's is a large, dark, richly appointed restaurant with a heavy masculine décor.

Excellent food and wine. I had a filet mignon. You can order either a small or large portion. I ordered the small and it was a very generous portion that should satisfy most appetites. The large might be suitable if you have a ravenous appetite or live locally and can refrigerator any leftover. I requested my filet to be medium but it arrived medium rare which I can easily enjoy nevertheless. It was tender and flavorful. A large salad with many ingredients and an excellent baked potato accompanied my entrée.

There was one minor glitch. Upon arrival of my salad I unwrapped the napkin that surrounded the silverware only to discover I had two knives and no forks. But this was better than my hotel experience that had no bath towels or bath mat, a coffee maker that was missing the pot and no shampoo. It seems Peoria has a major case of contagious amnesia!

• Visited September 2013
South Carolina
“It's not just steak!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband had the ribs and I had Alaskan halibut - both entrees were outstanding! Meal comes with salad and choice of starch, so the prices were very good. We had no reservation, but were quickly seated in the bar area and dinner service was very good, even though the place was packed. Highly recommend if you're in the area.

Visited September 2013
Lansing, Illinois
“Steak is King”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

All the steaks are as good as I have ever eaten. There is no disappointment in anything. This is a top of the line Steakhouse with all the glitter and ambiance. There is also a piano player on most nights.

• Visited July 2013