“Good service and yummy fries!!”
Review of Famous City Bistro

Famous City Bistro
Ranked #168 of 395 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American
Mountain View, Hawaii
“Good service and yummy fries!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I ate lunch here with my sister last week and it was great. No one else was there so our server was quick and attentive. She had the pulled pork and fries, I had the quesadilla. She said hers was good and mine was great but it's hard to mess up cheese in a tortilla shell :) The fries were addictive. The prices were average for the area I think. Overall a good experience, we will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Raelyn922

Peoria, Illinois
“Deliciously eclectic”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

You can't make a poor choice. It is one of the few places where I can't pick a favorite meal. I am always wanting to try something new because everything is just that good.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank sunlover467
NEPONSET
“stick with the sandwiches”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

You just cant go wrong with any of the sandwiches. Love the Cuban and the pastrami the best. When I work in Peoria I always take my crew and we have never had a bad meal . The wait staff is always busy but still friendly.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank CLIF S
Peoria, Illinois
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

First time diner and will return. The tight parking situation has kept me away, but that was a mistake. I had a succulent pastrami sandwich that was moist and flavorful. Last time I had pastrami that good was in Brooklyn. Excellent shoestring fries and a bright, crisp, flavorful cole slaw accompanied. Very good spicy , brown mustard was a perfect condiment. My wife had the broasted chicken which turned out to be a brand rather than a preparation technique, but it too was moist and flavorful. Their baked beans were a sweet surprise and fresh potato chips were excellent. Service was cheerful and quick. The decor has a nice urban feel. Definitely worth the stop for sandwiches and urban bistro fare.

1 Thank WARSAWRUN
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Busy Place ”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Family of five went there for dinner. It was packed with only two waitress'. They were understaffed big time. We saw a family wait for a table and leave. Our waitress was busy so it wasn't her fault. Our food was sitting so fortunately the bartender served us. The waitress and the bartender were extremely polite and apologized. The food was okay. My husband and daughters were very pleased with their dinners. My son and I were okay with our meal. We will return in hopes their staffing issues will be rectified. The atmosphere was very comfortable and it was nice to have half priced wine on a Saturday night.

1 Thank Reyna Y

Been to Famous City Bistro? Share your experiences!