“worth the stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fajardo, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worth the stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Had a rack about a year ago. My judgement may have been a bit off 'cause I was starving, but the ribs looked good, smelled good and tasted good. Nice tenderness, not cooked to mush. Served dry with sauce on the side. They didn't make it home. Whole rack of bones scattered on the side of the road along the way. I just wish they could be cheaper while maintaining the high quality.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Mapleton, Illinois
“i love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

This food is so good.I'm addicted to the pulled pork and twisty Fry's all flavors are really good.Everything I have tried I have liked. I think they cook for parties too.

• Visited May 2013
bloomington illinois
“Best BBQ in the Peoria il, period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

I passed this place on my way working one afternoon, and had to make it a point to stop in there.I'm so glad i did,as I found some lip smacking,delicious barbeque.Its a little small place @ 4722 West Farmington road,in Peoria,il. and if your going to fast you can easily pass it.I asked the nice lady for a menu,and told her i was in a hurry,she suggested the beef brisket special(6.00).That sounded up my alley,so i ordered it.I also went ahead and got a 1/2 slab rib dinner(10.00) for later.
I was in a big hurry as i was still working,but before i left the parking lot,i ate 1/2 my sandwich,and it was the best brisket i have had in a long time.They gave me a whole boatload of fries which were seasoned & very good.I had the rib dinner later that night and that was excellent also,with the rib meat almost falling off the bone,with the meat being so tender & moist.The baked beans were delicious and definitely tasted homemade.One of the things I really liked seeing at this place was back of the kitchen & seeing the smokers going with all that good wood smell.There was even someone out there tending to the real good BBQ they serve there.Peoria,Illinois is lucky to have a place like this,With top quality Barbeque @ a very good price you can't go wrong.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank shark70

Been to Backwoods BBQ? Share your experiences!