“Every Good Choice for Casual Mexican Dining”

good tequila's mexican grill
Ranked #73 of 406 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: a great mexican food restaurant in Peoria. excellent and friendly service with great food and reasonable prices / specials. should be listed
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We've patronized this restaurant for several years and it has been a consistently pleasing experience. Staff is friendly and professional, the menu is extensive, and the food is hot, flavorful and promptly delivered to the table. The atmosphere is clean and pleasantly casual. Being used to spicy food we find the "spicy" dishes a bit mild, but food quality is very good as is the value. A reliable choice.

Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in here for the first time after seeing people with huge margaritas sitting outside. We were seated right away and the service was very fast. The place is a little fancier than most run of the mill Mexican places around here. Ill be back

Reviewed 7 March 2013

My college-aged daughter and I ate here. It was extremely crowded so allow extra time. The ambiance was nice...except we were seated at the edge of the bar and not in the nice part of the restaurant with the pretty twinkling lights so the only ambiance we had were loud patrons celebrating someone's birthday. It took an inordinate amount of time to even get a menu. I'm hoping this was because they were so crowded. I don't know if it's always this crowded because this was my first time eating here. The quantity of food was large, but the taste was mediocre at best. I had chicken fajitas. Very very salty. It was not my daughter's favorite meal either. We had to ask other waiters for water a few times because our waiter was so busy and never came around. Again, the night was very crowded on a Saturday so I'm hoping the spotty service was due to that. Must be a popular place however due to the line of people waiting for a table.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husband and I ate here for Valentine's Day. We chose the Fajita BBQ. I didn't realize you could BBQ fajitas and was hesitant to try it at first. I was glad I had it! The portion was generous to say the least. The flavors were exciting.

Our server was attentive until they started getting busier. Once we neared completion of our meal, we had to wait for the server to return to ask for a glass of water and a box to take home what we couldn't finish.

I will still return to this establishment to see what other creations they come up with!

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I had eaten here a few years ago and did not like it. We went back again as it was on our way from another event. Service was very good. We like to enjoy a somewhat leisurely meal and we told that to the server and from then on the meal was at a slower pace per our request. We liked the salsa and guac very much and the chips were not too salty which is good as we both watchour salt intake.I had the Shrimp Quesdilla and my hausband had the shrimp fajitas. Though mine was not as big as I have had in other palces it was quite satisfying.My husband liked his also. Our first margarita was the "special" so it was just average but we upgraded to the Golden and that was very good. My husband likes his strong and he was satisfied. Atmosphere very nice with colorful mexican scenes. It was also very clean that I could see. i would go back again.