“Traveling Salesman” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of good tequila's mexican grill

good tequila's mexican grill
Ranked #127 of 389 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: a great mexican food restaurant in Peoria. excellent and friendly service with great food and reasonable prices / specials. should be listed
Gurnee, Illinois
“Traveling Salesman”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I ordered the Chlie Verde. It wasn't on the menu but Chile Colorado was and I asked them to switch the red for the green sauce. The Verde sauce was tasty. My problem was in the description of the dish they stated "chucks" of meat and it was "strips" used in burritos. I can't stand it when what is served doesn't match the description!
The rice and beans were average.
Salsa was fair but the chips were better than expected and served warm. They may make them here.
I won't be back

Texarkana, Texas
“Lunch break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

A few counterparts and myself stopped here for lunch during the week. We went early and there was no crowd. Plenty of seating at that time. It did get much more crowded as the time went. I think that means we were early for our lunch but you'll have days like that. Back to the lunch....
The service was great. Friendly, pleasant and very prompt. The food was also great. I had a lunch special, the others ordered from the menu. All was presented very well. The comments from the other guys leads me to believe theirs was just as good as mine. No complaints at all about the food or prices. I will go back to there to try a dinner soon. If you are looking for a good Mexican lunch and on the west or north side of Peoria, this is a place to stop. If your experience was like mine, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“Every Good Choice for Casual Mexican Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We've patronized this restaurant for several years and it has been a consistently pleasing experience. Staff is friendly and professional, the menu is extensive, and the food is hot, flavorful and promptly delivered to the table. The atmosphere is clean and pleasantly casual. Being used to spicy food we find the "spicy" dishes a bit mild, but food quality is very good as is the value. A reliable choice.

• Visited July 2013
Canton, il
“Pretty darn good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in here for the first time after seeing people with huge margaritas sitting outside. We were seated right away and the service was very fast. The place is a little fancier than most run of the mill Mexican places around here. Ill be back

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Illinois
“So-So Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

My college-aged daughter and I ate here. It was extremely crowded so allow extra time. The ambiance was nice...except we were seated at the edge of the bar and not in the nice part of the restaurant with the pretty twinkling lights so the only ambiance we had were loud patrons celebrating someone's birthday. It took an inordinate amount of time to even get a menu. I'm hoping this was because they were so crowded. I don't know if it's always this crowded because this was my first time eating here. The quantity of food was large, but the taste was mediocre at best. I had chicken fajitas. Very very salty. It was not my daughter's favorite meal either. We had to ask other waiters for water a few times because our waiter was so busy and never came around. Again, the night was very crowded on a Saturday so I'm hoping the spotty service was due to that. Must be a popular place however due to the line of people waiting for a table.

Visited February 2013