“Jimmy is the Best!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Jimmy is the Best!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Our waiter was Jimmy, he is also apparently running the place while his brother is out of town, he is amazing! He recommended the ribs and I was not disappointed!
I already told my boyfriend that this is where I want to spend my birthday and New Years in 2014 I had such a great time and great food!

• Visited January 2014

Sparland
“Good atmosphere, service, food, but not great portions”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Met some friends from out of town at Sazani's on a Monday evening for dinner at 6 PM. Arrived about 20 minutes early but were greeted and seated immediately. Owner, waitperson and everyone associated with our dinner were very friendly and regularly checked on us during our meal. We asked for a wine suggestion and were served a very good Muscato by the glass.

The fresh breadsticks were delicious and re-supplied as we ran low on them. Wife ordered pork chops, baked potato and salad while I ordered the lobster-stuffed ravioli and a salad.

Salads were fine, but not spectacular (the fresh breadsticks helped). My wife received two very generously sized pork chops that were excellently seasoned and very tasty (so large she only ate one and took the other home). Her potato and vegetable were equally good.

My lobster stuffed ravioli were absolutely delicious but I was really disappointed with the portion size. I counted only 8 ravioli and I've been served considerably more when I had this entrée in the past. I chose not to complain as my wife was willing to share some of her pork chop with me. For dessert we shared a piece of chocolate chip cheesecake which was very good. Wine and meal for the two of us was under $50 (minus tip).

I continue to be impressed with Sazani's and will return again. I only wish the ravioli portion would have been a bit more generous.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Carl H
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Worst Experience in a Long Time”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Visited Sazani's with a large group of friends (12). Our waitress decided since her tip (18%) was going to be included, she didn't need to pay attention to us and ignored us for 45 minutes to take our order. It took 1 1/2 hours to finally be served dinner and other people around us who were seated afterwards had been served before us. I ordered the Chicken Marsala and it was overly salty. I did order the cannoli for dessert and it was okay. The worst part of the evening was when the waitress lost my credit card. She did not take responsibility for the loss. The manager accused me of not paying my bill which I found incredibly rude. Eventually it was discovered the waitress had given my credit card to another waitress who left for the evening. Fortunately, I cancelled the account for fear of their irresponsibility. I do not recommend this restaurant because the staff nor the management understand the meaning of customer service.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Reyna Y
Peoria, IL
“Good But Not Great”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I went here for the first time on a Saturday night. The place was very busy, but we were seated promptly. Our waiter came right over and took our drink order (just soda). We ordered an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms, which were good. My husband and I wanted to try the "Sazani's Feast For Two" for $22.99. It was like a sampler platter with 4 or 5 different things off of the menu. I KNOW that's what I ordered because my husband heard me order it. The waiter looked at us kind of funny and said, "There is a $3.00 dollar upcharge on shared plates". I thought, ("Huh? For a meal that's says it's for two")? So I said, "That's fine". After he went to place our order, I looked at my husband with this confused look on my face and said, "A $3.00 upcharge for a meal that says it's for two"? We were confused. When they brought us our food, it was NOT what we had ordered. The only thing on our plates was lasagna & spaghetti and meatballs. The "Sazani's Feast For Two" had 4 or 5 things listed on the menu that should have been on our plates. We were VERY confused. We ate it, thinking we had ordered wrong. It was good, but we were still confused. When we got our bill, our server only charged us $11.99 for our meal, which we know was wrong, because what we ordered (but didn't get) was $22.99. (Have I mentioned that we were CONFUSED)? So, we came home, got online, brought up Sazani's website and looked at the menu. WE ordered the right thing, but our waited must have misunderstood. He must have thought we said we wanted the 'Italian Feast" which consists of lasagna & spaghetti and meatballs... which is what we had on our plates, but NOT what we ordered. I was kind of disappointed because I wanted to try an assortment of things. We'll go back and try again in the near future. Overall, the service was great, the food was good (even though we didn't get what we had originally ordered) and the prices were VERY reasonable.

• Visited November 2013
Illinois City, Illinois
“Central Illinois Pasta”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This was our first visit to Sazani's Steak and Pasta House. We arrived on a Saturday night at our reservation time and was seated promptly by the host. The restaurant was very busy. We were greeted by our waiter, DJ. He told us he had a table to deliver food too and would be right back. We were in no hurry, so we thought that was fine. Considering at some restaurants, they just keep you waiting. He took our drink order and we chose to order the antipasto platter for an appetizer. Let's just say it was meant to be and could be a dinner. Our wine arrived with the glasses completely filled to the rim. $5.00 a glass. We ordered the sampler platter for two. It consisted of several pasta dishes and plenty to share. The dinner also comes with a soup or salad and breadsticks. We were just back from Italy, so maybe we were comparing our pasta to our trip. The pasta was fine, cooked al dente, but maybe could use some more spices. All in all, it was good and probably worth another trip back to try some of the chicken dishes and steak.

• Visited October 2013