The good news:
1. Nice room.
2. Hotel restaurant has good food.
3. A block from the civic center
4. Free valet parking
The bad news:
1. Why do hotels continue to charge for Internet access ($10 a day).
2. I like to have more than 1/16 of a roll of toilet paper when I check into a hotel room.
3. A mini fridge cabinet without a mini fridge inside of it is a disappointment
4. When the waitress brings the chicken that was supposed to go with a salad when I'm already done eating, she should not charge me $6 for it. (Especially since, when I brought it up to my room and wanted to put it into the mini fridge, all I got was an empty cabinet).
5. There is NOTHING in the immediate area. No retail of any kind. Not a CVS, not a Dunkin' Donuts, not anything. It's a ghost town.
6. If you check your bags until a room is ready, realize that once the desk clerk opens the room with all the bags in it, you can basically take anything you'd like. No receipts, no tags on bags, just a mess of bags all over the place you can hunt through until you find your own or someone's you like better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the historical elegance of the most premier hotel in Peoria, Illinois. The Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette Hotel invites guests to experience the $70M renovation which has retained the essence that made this hotel in Peoria a favorite choice among celebrities. The hotel features 15,500 sq. ft. of new commercial space on the ground level and coming in 2014, will be connected to the Peoria Civic Center via skywalk. In the hotel lobby, an inviting great room greets guests and leads to Table 19, an upscale restaurant and bar where delicious entrees, drinks and lively conversation are the order of the day. In each of the brand new 286 rooms, guests will relax on comfortable linens, custom duvets, and plush mattress toppers. Wireless high-speed Internet access and new HDTVs balance the historical ambience and elegant décor. With modern amenities and simple luxuries, it’s our mission to make every business trip a pleasure and every vacation the trip of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.