“More Bad than Good”

“More Bad than Good”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The good news:

1. Nice room.
2. Hotel restaurant has good food.
3. A block from the civic center
4. Free valet parking

The bad news:

1. Why do hotels continue to charge for Internet access ($10 a day).
2. I like to have more than 1/16 of a roll of toilet paper when I check into a hotel room.
3. A mini fridge cabinet without a mini fridge inside of it is a disappointment
4. When the waitress brings the chicken that was supposed to go with a salad when I'm already done eating, she should not charge me $6 for it. (Especially since, when I brought it up to my room and wanted to put it into the mini fridge, all I got was an empty cabinet).
5. There is NOTHING in the immediate area. No retail of any kind. Not a CVS, not a Dunkin' Donuts, not anything. It's a ghost town.
6. If you check your bags until a room is ready, realize that once the desk clerk opens the room with all the bags in it, you can basically take anything you'd like. No receipts, no tags on bags, just a mess of bags all over the place you can hunt through until you find your own or someone's you like better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our experience (November 2013) was two fold. The Good ...Beautiful hotel. Great lounge area. Room was modern and clean. They even waived the parking and valet fee while they have construction going on. The Bad ... PAPER THIN walls and doors. Bring your ear plugs if you aren't a very heavy sleeper. We heard people in the halls talking (just talking, not yelling). The person in the room next to ours had a beeping alarm going off throughout the night that we could hear very clearly. Can't imagine what it would have sounded like if someone was watching TV next door!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at other hotels in Peoria. This hotel is the best, hands down! Great value for the price! It will be even more wonderful when the connection to the parking ramp is complete.

We liked the modern amenities in the bathroom and the beds were very comfortable.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Rstary
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Rudy being the afternoon/evening bellman & shuttle driver who came to get us from the hospital on our first working day of the stay. Until that point things had been 'rocky', to put it mildly. I am trying to be charitable & chalk those bumps up to the hotel only being open again for a few weeks, but it was a challenge. I give the hotel major kudos for continuing to deliver the newspapers to the rooms, even if only for elites (yes, I'm looking at you Hilton's of all brands!), however, that only happened 2 out of 3 mornings. Hands down these have to be among the best hotel beds I think I've ever slept in. Unfortunately, even though the hotel wasn't full, I ended up in a handicapped room right next to the elevators-note to mgmt, please turn down the bell volume at night. Despite this being a handicapped room, it was incredibly small & I question how anyone in a wheelchair would be able to function in it. Certainly there is no way someone in a wheelchair could ever get near the armoire, on the far side of the room beside the window, to hang up clothes. Though there is a roll-in shower in the bathroom, again I would question how someone in a wheelchair could get to it. While not enormous, there is a good amount of counter space in the bathroom for stuff & lighting is also good. I did not get up to the concierge club in time for evening appetizers, but the cookies were good & of course, a nice selection of juices, waters, & Pepsi (!!!) products in the fridges. Using the hotel shuttle, especially in the morning, can best be described as a 'challenge' & will depend on who you are talking to-these mixed messages were one of my biggest issues w/the hotel, especially the first 1.5 days. They seem to have some kinks & training issues that need to be worked out-a request for a suitcase stand for my room was initially declined on the grounds that 'loss prevention says we don't have any of those here'. A request for a list or map of restaurants in the area resulted in my being handed a Peoria street map, circa 2012 (again, Rudy saved the day there, as well). The tv channel line-up in the printed in-room directory is outdated-use the on-screen version on channel 94 instead. The quesadilla I ordered from room service was missing the sour cream but had 2 knives & 2 forks on the tray. The wonderful beds would be worth a return stay, but I would hope the kinks would be worked out by then.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank txrus
Laura L, General Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us. Rudy is an incredible associate that makes us proud every day.

Your comments regarding our shuttle service and local restaurant maps will help to improve the level of service that we provide to our guests.

I hope that you will be visiting Peoria again in the near future and that the team and I will have the opportunity to serve you once again.
Palos Park, Illinois
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and it was fantastic! The hotel is beautiful; the recent renovations have hit the mark. The staff was friendly and efficient, including the bartender who was welcoming but not intrusive. We tasted many items from bar menu and they were satisfying and delicious. The bedding was heavenly and provided a good night's sleep. We plan on coming back and staying a longer time - can't wait!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Good day,

The hotel staff and I are thrilled that you enjoyed your weekend at the hotel. We work dilligently to offer the best service in Central Illinois.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We were relocated to this property after an unpleasant stay at a different area hotel. The difference was night and day and as soon as we walked in, I wished we had begun our stay at the Marriott. We were warmly greeted by the courteous and friendly staff. The hotel is beautiful and even smells nice. I always tend to reserve final judgement until seeing the room because many other hotels keep the 'common' areas nice, but neglect the rooms. Not the case here. The rooms were also gorgeous and met my unusually high standard of cleanliness. Our room even had a lovely distant view of the river and the beds were very comfortable. Overall, our stay here was a breath of fresh air, especially after the many negative experiences we had at the previous location. My one and only complaint were the noisy neighbors who decided to barge into their room at midnight, slamming doors and talking loudly. You get discourteous people in any hotel though, so I don't blame the Marriott for that. People please remember, you are not the only ones there! You may have sleeping neighbors!

Room Tip: Ask for the southeast corner rooms for the best views of the river. Since breakfast is not free, co...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Good afternoon,

The hotel team and I are so very happy that we were able to offer you service levels and accommodations that exceeeded your expectations. We are very proud of our beautiful newly renovated property and are thrilled when our guests enjoy their time with us.

I do appreciate the time that you took out of your day to share your comments with us.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Montreal
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Spending a week at the hotel allowed us to really experience the hotel, its facilities and staff. I cannot say enough about our stay. We were first greeted by the great staff at the valet service, Rudy, Omar and the team were exceptional and really went the extra mile. They made a fabulous first impression of the hotel and it just continued from there. Congratulations!

Our check-in was fast and we were installed in a snap. We toured the hotel and even though it is a complete renovation, care was taken to preserve the old with the new.

The restaurant's were great and again, the staff made all the difference. The food was great and the atmosphere complimented the experience. My only comment would be a more balanced wine list - for mid-priced wines.

We are looking forward to our return trip later this year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share your comments regarding your stay with us. Omar and Rudy are fantastic ambassadors of our hotel and I will make certain to share your comments with them.

We are looking forward to seeing you again later this year. Please take a look at our newly updated Table 19 menus and winelist. I think that you will be satisfied with our new options.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Mark Twain Hotel
Mark Twain Hotel
#6 of 23 in Peoria
Courtyard Peoria Downtown
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Wingate by Wyndham Peoria
Hampton Inn and Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie

Been to Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette? Share your experiences!