“Great holiday get-away”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Urbana, Illinois
“Great holiday get-away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hubby and I stayed overnight Christmas eve and day at the Pere Marquette. We were originally going to go to the gambling boat, but ended up just relaxing at the hotel.

They had a fixed price dinner on Christmas eve, but we weren't too interested in the selections. We asked the bartender if he knew any other places open and he told us about a steak house down the street that was open.

On Christmas day, we had brunch at the hotel and it was very good, for only $15 per person. I was really sleepy after that, and they let us extend our checkout on Christmas day so I could take a nap!

There was free parking and free valet service that day. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The hotel has been renovated and I liked the combination of modern (flat screen TV, waterfall showerhead) and vintage (narrow doors, nooks and crannies) in the room.

The one bother was the heating system. It was very cold outside, and the blower from the heating system ran often and was noisy. We had earplugs, so we slept OK.

The yellow/brown decor in the halls wasn't to my taste, but I liked the way they've decorated the ball rooms and meeting areas.

The hotel is close to a lot of things downtown, like the riverfront and the civic center (all closed for Christmas). But we just wanted a nice place to stay, eat and relax, and this was great!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Laura L, General Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Good afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your experience after your visit to the hotel. The team and I take much pride in our work and strive to make every guest experience an excellent one.

I am so very glad that you were pleased with our staff service and delicious brunch.

Please enjoy your day and hope that you visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Cornell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I had stayed at the peer Marquette several times prior to the Marriott renovation. I loved the old world feel of the building so was skeptical about the renovations.

The decor is beautiful!!! Modern amenities meet the historical charm! The lobby has been relocated but the old lobby still exists with the historic chandeliers and old school elevators. We were greeted warmly at checking and congratulated on our anniversary.

The room was clean and comfortable. Again it had the old charm with modern amenities.

Restaurant was wonderful (reviewed it also) and the noon checkout was an added bonus! I'm in Peoria for a conference every year and look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Good day,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our newly renovated property. The hotel team and I are so very proud to be members of the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette. The history and elegant details in the building are just facinating. Our goal is to make the city of Peoria and all of our guests proud to be affiliated with this wonderful property.

Thank you so very much for sharing your comments with us.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

This is a great hotel to stay in if you want to be in touch with the past. It is not brand new, but the cleanliness and quality are very good. Just don't expect a 2013 Hotel--. I loved staying there because of the grandeur of the premises and the lobby. Plus it is located in Downtown Peoria near the waterfront.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Good afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your insights after your visit to the hotel. I am glad that you found that the hotel is clean and the quality of the renovation workmanship was excellent.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to stay again in 2014.
Naperville, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

The hotel is absolutely beautiful. We stayed here the night prior to our son's graduation from Bradley. Love the free valet parking. The room was very spacious. The mattress was extremely comfortable. Soft towels. Crisp sheets. The only downside - and I had read this in other reviews but forgotten it when we checked in - was that we were right by the elevators and you could hear the chime from the elevator every time someone got off at that floor. It was pretty annoying. Also didn't like that they charge $10 a day for internet. Who does that anymore?? We didn't dine at the restaurant, but it looked very pretty. Would definitely stay here again but would request a room away from the elevators. Staff was very friendly and nice also.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gottahavefaith
Thank you for choosing the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette and congratulations on your son's graduation from Bradley. What a fantastic accomplishment!

I appreciate your comments and will act upon them right away.

I hope that you will be in Peoria in the near future and choose our hotel again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

My friend and I stayed in a double king bed room for one night while in town for a girl's weekend. Not being from the area I can't speak to the condition of the place before the renovations, but the results were definitely to my satisfaction. Free valet parking, free wifi in the lobby only, classy decor and large rooms. The view of downtown was beautiful in the winter snow. Updated bathrooms. Central location. We saw a lot of businessmen staying there as well as some families. If you find yourself in Peoria and can find a good deal online, like we did, I definitely recommend the place for an upscale experience, or a treat for those who are used to budget lodging. You can definitely find cheaper places in more ancillary locations if that is your priority, but no complaints about the place especially since we got a great deal. Friendly staff!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The entire hotel team is thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and in Peoria. Your loyalty is so very appreciated.

I hope that your travels bring you back to Peoria again very soon.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

My wife and two children stayed at this hotel Thanksgiving week. The room with two beds was spacious and provided our children plenty of space to move. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We will definitely stay here again the next time we need a place to stay in Peoria. The rate was fantastic!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel was gorgeous and the staff very nice and efficient.
The dining room and bar areas very spacious and food and drinks excellent.
However, the hotel's website states the hotel has a lap pool, but when we asked the front desk, we were told there is no pool at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Good afternoon,

Thank you for staying at the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette during your travels. The hotel staff and I appreciate that you selected our hotel and that we had the opportunity to serve you.

I appreciate your comment about our website. I have reviewed it and it has been updated. In mid 2014, the Courtyard by Marriott Peoria Downtown will open next door. At that time the guests staying at both hotels will have the opportunity to enjoy a beautiful new swimming pool in the Courtyard building. This will be a very exciting addition.

I hope that your travels bring you back again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Mark Twain Hotel
Mark Twain Hotel
#4 of 23 in Peoria
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Courtyard Peoria Downtown
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Country Inn & Suites Peoria North

Been to Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette? Share your experiences!