“Great location, beautiful hotel, poor sleep”

Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Rantoul, Illinois
“Great location, beautiful hotel, poor sleep”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel has been updated beautifully. The rooms, lobby, lounge, weight room, etc., have a nice air of clean of modern. The rooms and bathrooms were nicely updated and very clean and quiet. Our only problem was the air flow in the room. I'm not quite sure how the ventilation system was set up, but half the night you are covering yourself up because of the cold air that is blowing on you and the other half, you are sweating. Overall, it was an excellent stay and I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Laura L, General Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
The entire hotel team is thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel. We are dedicated to brilliant service and offering our guests an excellent experience.

Please visit us again in the future. Thank you for choosing the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The last time I stayed at this hotel was 10 years ago, and I did not recognize it when I returned for this trip. It has been completely remodeled, and the rooms and other hotel areas have been beautifully updated so that it is brighter and trendy, but retains the feel of a boutique hotel. We stayed here for four nights (got snowed in one night) and I think it is by far the nicest hotel in Peoria. It is clean, comfortable, and has friendly service, reasonable rates, and a nice business center, which we had to work from when we got stranded due to the snow storm. The two things that pleasantly surprised me were the workout room, which was triple the size of most Marriott hotels and well stocked with free weights and multiple treadmills, bikes and ellipticals, and the restaurant and bar. Even though the restaurant menu was simple, the food was surprisingly good and reasonably priced. I recommend the turkey blt or the burger. They have a special breakfast which included oatmeal, fruit, toast and coffee for $10. My one complaint is that the gym was always out of cleaning wipes to wipe down the equipment. Also, while internet is free in the lobby and business center, they charge $9.95 per day for internet in the rooms. I highly recommend a stay here if you are in town for business. Perhaps because it is a historic building (and things were built to last then), the rooms are very quiet. We had someone staying in the room next to us, but we did not hear a peep from them, not even a toilet flushing--nothing, unlike most new hotels now.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, which was quieter because it is far from the elevator and you only have one ne...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Ms. Marla,

Thank you for your very motivating comments. I am so glad that the hotel team was able to offer you an excellent experience during the very cold and snowy four days that you stayed with us.

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again many times in the future.
LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is the first year my husband And I could enjoy New Year's as a couple. So we chose the New Year's Eve package here at the hotel. Unfortunately we made a very bad decision. The room was nice, acceptable certainly not luxurious. Prime red was cold tough and probably the worst I have ever had. The so-called open bar was just a few select choices, nothing top shelf nothing nice nothing worth returning for. At one point I saw Kahula and Bailys at the open bar area and ask for that, or perhaps a White Russian and I was told no it was for coffee only, I would have to bring them a coffee cup. I was in the impression this was a nice hotel, with above average food, accommodations and cocktails. I was wrong. If they plan to stay open or host this event next year, They may want to step it up. As it was there were not a lot of people there for this event and I'm certain most of them will not return. As far as the meal, it is hard to believe that this food is prepared by Chef.

1 Thank Katherine D
I appreciate the time that you had taken to share your comments with me. The hotel team and I have learned much by your experience. We are committed to continuously improve our levels of service.

I hope that you will offer us the opportunity to offer you an excellent experience in the future.
Nashville
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is walking distance to everything. Restaurants, the concert venue, shops. Location is perfect! Rooms were absolutely gorgeous. Clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay here again.

The only current downfall is self parking. They are still working on a bridge from the garage to the building. You have to walk outside and lug all your stuff around the block. :(

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank TennFriend
Laura L, General Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Good afternoon,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time in Peoria.

We are currently in the process of building a second Marriott hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott Peoria Downtown right next to our site. When the Courtyard opens in mid 2014, our guest will have access to both hotels, the parking deck and the Peoria Civic Center through a climate controlled sky walk connecting all four buildings. This will be a comfortable and convenient way for our guests to be able to enjoy all three venues.

Please enjoy the rest of your day and hope that you will visit us again very soon.

Laura L
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the Sat after Thanksgiving and the Sat before Christmas. We paid less than most motels in the area. It is a great value on off business times. You can walk to a great music venue Rhythm Kitchen, which I highly recommend for dinner and music. Have fun in Peoria

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Alice M.,

I do appreciate the time that you have taken to share your comments regarding your experience at the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette. The hotel staff and I are even more motivated when we know that we have offered our guests an excellent experience.

I hope that 2014 is starting off nicely for you. Please visit us again very soon.
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hubby and I stayed overnight Christmas eve and day at the Pere Marquette. We were originally going to go to the gambling boat, but ended up just relaxing at the hotel.

They had a fixed price dinner on Christmas eve, but we weren't too interested in the selections. We asked the bartender if he knew any other places open and he told us about a steak house down the street that was open.

On Christmas day, we had brunch at the hotel and it was very good, for only $15 per person. I was really sleepy after that, and they let us extend our checkout on Christmas day so I could take a nap!

There was free parking and free valet service that day. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The hotel has been renovated and I liked the combination of modern (flat screen TV, waterfall showerhead) and vintage (narrow doors, nooks and crannies) in the room.

The one bother was the heating system. It was very cold outside, and the blower from the heating system ran often and was noisy. We had earplugs, so we slept OK.

The yellow/brown decor in the halls wasn't to my taste, but I liked the way they've decorated the ball rooms and meeting areas.

The hotel is close to a lot of things downtown, like the riverfront and the civic center (all closed for Christmas). But we just wanted a nice place to stay, eat and relax, and this was great!

Good afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your experience after your visit to the hotel. The team and I take much pride in our work and strive to make every guest experience an excellent one.

I am so very glad that you were pleased with our staff service and delicious brunch.

Please enjoy your day and hope that you visit us again soon.
Cornell
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I had stayed at the peer Marquette several times prior to the Marriott renovation. I loved the old world feel of the building so was skeptical about the renovations.

The decor is beautiful!!! Modern amenities meet the historical charm! The lobby has been relocated but the old lobby still exists with the historic chandeliers and old school elevators. We were greeted warmly at checking and congratulated on our anniversary.

The room was clean and comfortable. Again it had the old charm with modern amenities.

Restaurant was wonderful (reviewed it also) and the noon checkout was an added bonus! I'm in Peoria for a conference every year and look forward to staying here again!

Good day,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our newly renovated property. The hotel team and I are so very proud to be members of the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette. The history and elegant details in the building are just facinating. Our goal is to make the city of Peoria and all of our guests proud to be affiliated with this wonderful property.

Thank you so very much for sharing your comments with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Mark Twain Hotel
Mark Twain Hotel
#6 of 23 in Peoria
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Courtyard Peoria Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Wingate by Wyndham Peoria
Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Peoria - Riverfront

Been to Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette? Share your experiences!