“Perfect Engagement!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Lincoln, Illinois
“Perfect Engagement!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I planned an engagement for my now fiance. I called pere marquette to help them set the room up to surprise my fiance after dinner and they were incredibly helpful. Charming worked with me and set it all up beautifully. The entire staff were very polite and friendly. Wonderful experience. Looking forward to staying with them again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrick R, Front Office Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Congratulations on your engagement! We are so very excited that you chose to stay with us for such a special occasion.

Charming truly loves ensuring special occasions such as this goes off seamlessly.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here for a Bachelorette Party because it was close to the bars and our dinner spot. This hotel is very nice and the staff was wonderful. I have worked in hotels for 4 years now and I am very critical of places I stay. This hotel was wonderful and met all my expectations!! Omar was the best bell man ever! He even took the time to hang our dresses up for us!! The front desk staff and all other members we came into contact with were cheerful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kayla, Thank you for staying with us during your bachelorette party, perhaps we will see you again on your wedding night?

Thank you also for the kind words about Omar. I will pass on what your review stated.

We look forward to hosting you again!
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is lovely, just like all the Marriotts. The interior, including the lobby and rooms, is modern. Our suite was clean and well decorated though I was surprised that there was no minifridge. The beds were very comfy. Internet access in your room costs extra though if you are on a low floor, you may be lucky enough to access the free lobby wifi. We had a very nice view of the downtown. The hotel restaurant was tasty. I appreciated the free downtown parking deck, though it was a bit of a trek since it's diagonally behind the hotel. Fortunately, it was a sunny, warm day, so we didn't mind too much, but other weather would have made it inconvenient. As others have said, they are in the process of building a bridge, but then I wonder if they will continue offering the free parking once that's built. The hotel was really nice, so I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Corby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights while visiting Peoria on business. There was some apprehension expressed by colleagues, and reflected on Trip Advisor reviews posted several months ago, about the state of the hotel. However, with the exception of the hotel car park, the refurbishment programme appears the have been completed, resulting in a very clean, comfortable and quiet hotel.
My room was very well equipped, with an extremely comfortable bed. As others reviewers have mentioned, wifi is not free which came as a major surprise to me. The rate charged for high speed internet access is $13 per day!
Another thing to consider is that breakfast is not included in the price, and you'll need to pay for each meal. The breakfast selection is very extensive though and served in very pleasant surroundings.
The hotel is ideally located for downtown Peoria: my walk to the office took less than 10 mins and there are some nice places to eat within 5-10 mins drive, although Peoria doesn't appear to have a great deal of restaurants or bars to choose from.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Simon C
Edwardsville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here on a business trip. Much has changed since my last trip: the hotel has been completely remodeled, and it was very well done. The bar was well-stocked, and the food from the restaurant, Table 19, was excellent - much better than I expected. The room was clean; the bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly. I only have one gripe: you must pay for internet access. Beyond that, I have only good things to say, and I would highly recommend the Pere Marquette.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kirkwood, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My daughter had to re-schedule and change the location of her wedding to accommodate a sick family member with little prior notice. She contacted the Marriott Pere Marquette after doing research on the 'net. The hotel staff was terrific, helping set-up the ceremony onsite, arranging for guest rooms and preparing "Table 19" for an after-ceremony lunch.
The bride and groom were upgraded from a regular sleeping room to a very upscale Presidential Suite for the night of the wedding.
Room rates were very reasonable for the whole group: they were no more expensive than a mundane motel room, but in a recently remodeled, comfortable surrounding.
My only criticism is the distance from the parking garage to the lobby. Since an enclosed walkway to the garage is under construction, that issue should go away soon.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Marriott Pere Marquette to anyone visiting Peoria, IL. It was one of the very best stays of my life!

Room Tip: See if you can tour the Presidential Suite. It's the most impressive hotel room I've seen in...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

pros: very nice rooms, comfy beds, very clean, historic features, love the look, very friendly staff, and
great location! Right across from the Civic Center, less that a mile to the River Sport Complex. Resturants are across the bridge. Love the different churches, very neat buildings. Very surprise that we didnt see any people walking around Fri/Sat night?

cons: did not like walking to the garage, especially at night, didnt like the fact we had to walk through the Table 19 restaurant to get to the elevators. Our room was to close to the elevator you can hear it every time. Sometime we could hear people in the hall ways. But other than that we enjoyed our room.

Room Tip: asked to be away from the elevators! We received a great price on priceline!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Mark Twain Hotel
Mark Twain Hotel
#4 of 23 in Peoria
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Courtyard Peoria Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Country Inn & Suites Peoria North
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria

Been to Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette? Share your experiences!