“No longer business traveler friendly”

Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Chicago, Illinois
“No longer business traveler friendly”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here for about 4 months every week with minimal complaints, but now they have stopped giving free drinks in the concierge lounge, which in itself will prevent me from coming here any longer. They changed the menu too and took away the main dishes I like replaced by overpriced not worth the money dishes. My room wasn't even cleaned the other day. So overall, the things that kept me coming here are no more. What's next? Charging for parking? You forget there is a very nice hotel across the river , embassy suites, and eventually the four points will open and you will lose half your business travellors.
Whoever made these decisions really doesn't understand their clientele very well. Also the hotel is in a terrible location, no restaurants nearby worthy of the money and not even a convenience store within walking distance.

Here's to my last night ever at the Pere Marquette.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Chris M
john g, Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you so much for your loyalty to Marriott and your feedback. I applogize for any confusion on the honor bar system in the club lounge. I will speak with the staff to make sure that the honor bar tickets are in a more prominet location. We do ask the guest to write their name and room number on the ticket, which enables us to charge the appropriate amount to their guest folio. We have implemented a new menu in Table 19 focusing on a farm to table enviornment, ensuring that our pricing is competitive with the locak market. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to re-gain your trust and confidence and reconsider visiting us again in the future. At which time we can share a list of restaurants that are a walk away or a short cab ride.
sincerly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The location is downtown and the hotel is connected by a skyway to the civic center...there is a good sized parking garage, which is dirty...like most parking garages, and it is also connected to the skyway and hotel...it could use some signage on the doors or just in general, so you know where you are suppose to go. The hotel itself is great, nicely remodeled and feels new...it's somewhat disjointed in a few places but that seems to be the case with remodeled and convention type hotels, nothing glaring...just something I noticed. Check in was fast but they didn't ask if we had parked so I didn't know I needed to validate. The room was really clean and the workmanship was close to perfect...which is becoming rare, so I noticed it. The worse part about the room was the view...it looked out onto a roof, the back of a church, and the side of the convention center. (623) The windows don't operate...just something I like to know and the walls are thin because the alarm clock in the room next to ours woke us up at 5 a.m., 5:05, 5:10...until I called the front desk at 5:30...they were great about taking care of it. Room service was fast and the food was very good. If you need a hotel in downtown Peoria don't be scared of this one at all...every person we came into contact with, who worked for the hotel, was great and did their jobs well...and the hotel itself is very clean and all-around nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Let me start by saying the Hotel is absolutely gorgeous!! It rivals some of the best Marriott's aesthetically. However, if Jo Hoffman or the bellman Mitch isn't there... Do not bother staying. Jo makes things happen. She is a seasoned hospitality veteran that works terribly hard to go over and beyond the call of duty to make sure your stay is great. We needed something shipped that couldn't go back on a plane and she made the mission personal, even sending email updates. She reminds me of the talent in the JW Marriott in NY: well versed, ready to serve, and well suited for her position. She is probably the only reason why I choose not to write to corporate. Don't get me wrong there are some great people working there, but the experience isn't Marriott worthy. The housekeeping is horrid! Three days my room looked like I stayed at a motel. They offered a $50 credit, which while a nice gesture, is nice for the first day mistake. After three separate incidents, it's kind of a slap in the face. I sent an email to the hotel GM, as he was out of the town/country, another manager followed up. The manager was well versed, acknowledged the issues and promised change. He even offered me some a few points. If Jo and Mitch and a few others are there, I may give them a chance. However, I am currently in a Marriott in Houston, TX and staying for nine nights. As it performs at Marriott level, I am really realizing just how bad the service was at the Peoria Marriott. A shame for such a beautiful hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Corey B
Cara B, Front Office Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
We take great pride at the Marriott Peoria Pere Marquette property in providing accommodations and service second to none. We believe the most valuable tool to assist us in achieving this goal is feedback from our guests. This enables us to build upon what is good and correct anything that is not up to our guest’s expectations. For this reason, we want to thank you for your comments and feedback and we are truly grateful for your Marriott loyalty. In regards to your housekeeping issues I addressed your concerns with our Executive Housekeeper. He has reassured me that the issues you experienced will not happen again in the future. Again we apologize for any of the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us.
Central Illinois
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here on a weekend in July. Hotel was packed for 4th of July festivities.
Check in Staff were outstanding and very friendly!
Room was very clean.
Room was very small and didn't have anything outstanding about it such as fridge etc.
Beds were average.
Breakfast was very expensive and after literally over a half hour wait and not even being acknowledged by breakfast staff we went back to our room, got our bags and left.
No pool/hot tub area.
Would not stay here for the price again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TJ4traveling
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. This enables us to build upon what is good and correct anything that is not up to our guest’s expectations. In regards to your concerns we greatly apologize for the inadequate service from our Table 19 staff. I have spoken with our restaurant team about the issue and they are working on correcting this problem so no future guest will have the same experience. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future to experience our brilliant hosting.
Maryland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions over the past year. I was surprised that the staff whom I usually see we're not there. I noticed an immediate decline in the treatment and level of service I was provided when I checked in today. As a Platinum Elite member I have traveled all over the world and know what is expected with the service and amenities. I arrived around 1pm and requested fee info regarding upgrading my room or moving getting a room on a higher floor. However was told that it was a full house tonight. Understandable as its summertime; however I wasn't even advised of my ability to utilize the concierge room and the privileges that come with it like free breakfast, snacks etc. nor did she discuss whether I wanted points or alternate item as an elite member, nor did she even thank me for my loyalty to Marriott as a Platinum member. Needlesstosay after the 28 hour travel time from overseas I expected the level of service that Marriott is known for.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank AgentAKA
john g, Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your recent visit. I want to personally apologize for your disappointment. Please know that I have personally followed up with our front office team as a learning tool to see how we could have made your experience more positive. We do strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and to ensure they have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Thank you for your feedback. I hope you will consider us for a future visit.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The staff and service were spot on! Everyone was friendly and very professional. Hotel was very clean, rooms were spotless, and the décor wonderful. And now to the bed. This was perhaps the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. It was like sleeping on a cloud, oh so comfortable! Pillows were fabulous. Once you laid down, you didn't want to get up. Very elegant hotel. My only complaint was not the hotel but the lack of eating establishments in the area. Very disappointing in that area. The Peoria Civic center is right across the street which was great because we were there for a concert.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while he attended a work conference held at the hotel. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The renovations have been done beautifully. The rooms are tasteful and the lobby is relaxing. The staff working are excellent and go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The Valets are wonderful sources for some history of the neighborhood (Nick helped point out areas that would be of interest for me to explore solo as my husband attended his conference). The bar area is welcoming and the bartender A.J., and Drink Manager Steven are welcoming and fun. A.J. also went out of his way to ask me if I found some interesting things to do on my own and to ensure I was comfortable while hanging out and waiting for husband to finish work. The front desk staff are helpful and nice as well. Example, we noticed an error on our bill and when we asked the desk about it they quickly rectified the error. I highly recommend staying at the Pere Marquette, and if you do be sure to ask for Nick and A.J. The only thing I would change would be to have a mini-fridge in room. The restaurant on site is awesome and we had leftovers which would have made a great midnight snack had we had a place to store it. Not sure why there wasn't one as there was cabinet that looked like it should have one but the cabinet was empty.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Mark Twain Hotel
Mark Twain Hotel
#6 of 23 in Peoria
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Courtyard Peoria Downtown
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Country Inn & Suites Peoria North

Been to Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette? Share your experiences!