“New Mexican Eatery takes over Donnelly's former location”

Good Tequila's Mexican Grill
Ranked #225 of 399 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“New Mexican Eatery takes over Donnelly's former location”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I went last Sat night to La Siesta, a new Mexican dining spot where Donnelly's used to be on Renwood.The first thing I noticed was how hard they had worked to redecorate. It was not the usual theme found in other similar places but was darker, quieter and seemed a bit more of an upscale look which I liked. I recognized one of the owners, Pedro from other area places. We thought the food was very good. We loved the chunky guac and the shrimp fajitas were over flowing with plump, not overcooked, larger shrimp. My husband had the fajita combo that he also liked. The menu has most of the usual entrees you would find but they also had burgers and a couple of other "American"entrees not usually found on Mexican menus..
Margaritas were a bit weak as I found in most places.

• Visited July 2013