“Simply delicious!”

Ranked #3 of 414 Restaurants in Peoria
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My friend and I arrived early Saturday afternoon. This place is so charming, clean, and comfy. The decor is interesting and pleasant, the environment - sound, cleanliness,lighting, all was just so nice and welcoming. You order and pay at the counter and take a number back to your table, where you clip it to a little stand. The wood-fired oven is right behind the counter, where we witnessed workers busily preparing what looked to be delicious food. We opted for a sandwich, which came along with one side - we picked a house salad. Everything was simply delicious! Fresh, beautiful, and delicious food with very prompt and friendly service. We will come back and try the beautiful looking pizza next time!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I took my wife and kids here for my wife's birthday. Her choice. They had grilled cheese on the kids' menue, so that made my oldest child happy. However, they only had three items on the kids' menue, and the grilled cheese did not come with chips or fries. I get it. It's not really a place that caters to children. My wife and I ordered the barbeque chicken and chicken parmesan pizza, and my other child ordered the kid's pepperoni pizza. The food came out fairly quickly. The pizzas were good. I think the barbeque pizza was better than my wife's pizza. We got the cherry cheese cake and brownie to share for dessert. The cheese cake came in a jar with a lid on it. Unique idea, but only average taste. Tasted like it was made from low fat cream cheese. The brownie was not fresh and my son remarked he has had better brownies from Walmart! I asked a staff member if they had a small cake or dessert with a candle for a birthday celebration, and she advised they did not have such a thing. The staff was pleasent, but not overly friendly. The neighborhood is under construction and when finished, it should provide a much better atmosphere. I don't think we will hurry back any time soon.

1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Takeout order was fast. Very friendly staff and incredible food. I highly recommend the roasted veggie wrap. It was delicious.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We ordered and it was at our table in no time. We really liked the fresh salads. The only complaint we had was we felt that $7 for a glass of wine was a bit high at such a casual restaurant but maybe we are just a little thrifty. We will definitely be back next time I visit family!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our group of 6 dined at Sugar last night and it was an excellent experience. Parking is a bit of an issue but once inside the friendly staff and excellent food made it all worth it. 5 of us had individual gourmet pizzas and one had a huge stuffed mushroom. Prices were reasonable at about $10 each plus drinks. There is a good selection of craft and other beer as well as a decent wine list.

It is a rustic atmosphere perfect for the rehabbed warehouse district it inhabits. It is not fancy but it is colorful, interesting and the food was excellent.

1  Thank Kyleandrene

Been to Sugar? Share your experiences!