“Great service”

Ranked #78 of 409 Restaurants in Peoria
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We are a locally owned bar and restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Peoria. A 90 second walk to the Peoria Civic Center and a few seconds longer to the hotels. We are not responsible for any menu items or prices on TripAdvisor as a 3rd party puts that up and is beyond our control.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Beautiful historical architecture and neat little staircase in the sidewalk that leads down to the restaurant. We just ordered appetizers which were delicious and a large portion, which made it easy for sharing. The waitress was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We got there right at opening on a Sunday, so it was not busy. I was with 3 teenage girls who all opted to try a different version of the Horseshoe. I stuck with a grilled chicken salad, which was good, but after seeing their food come out, I wish I would have splurged! It looked really good. I did get a great recommendation from our server/bartender - "Leatherface" - for an IPA on tap and it was pretty tasty. The bathroom left a little bit to be desired but overall, the place had good food and good prices. Definitely worth stopping in for.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I chose to eat at this restaurant because they have a horseshoe on the menu. Last year I had a horseshoe at Darcy's Pint in Springfield. I definitely wanted to have one again. It was a very good horseshoe. The melted cheese tastes so good on the fries, veggie burger and Texas toast. The server was very friendly and helpful. She gave me a visitor guide to Peoria that a previous customer had left behind. She said I should come back and visit again sometime.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was in town from Minneapolis for my daughter's Regional Gymnastics Meet. Four days before the event, I frantically searched for a restaurant that could accommodate 45 people for a team/parent dinner. Dave from Richards on Main was great, he even called me at home prior to our arrival to tie up some loose ends. The food was wonderful, the prices very reasonable and the service was great. So sorry I forgot the server's name, but she was amazing, very calm and in control. The kids had fun playing pool. Don't let the walk down the staircase from the sidewalk scare you away. I would definitely recommend Richard's on Main for drinks and dinner.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped in one afternoon to finish up some work and relax. Good spot for a beer in a relaxed atmosphere. Friendly people and good selection of beers.