“ASPE Region 5 Presidents Meeting”

Alexander's Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 404 Restaurants in Peoria
Price range: US$15 - US$55
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“ASPE Region 5 Presidents Meeting”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Alexander's Steakhouse is next to the river in Peoria, Illinois, Wayne Rickard, manager. This is a unique and large restaurant. We were a party of 20 and had two young ladies to take care of our needs. The organizer of our group had a set menue for us to chose from, 8 oz. up to 20 oz. of meat. One of the features of the restaurant is that you can cook your own meat over the three of four grills located out in the main area. Cook it yourself was the quickest way to get your food. The staff at the grills will help you. I let the restaurant cook my steak and was vary pleased with the quality of the steak and the right amount of cooking.
I will go back to Alexander's the next time I am in Peoria.

1 Thank Cyril U

Chesterfield, Missouri
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were heading back from Chicago and decided to stop by Peoria to let the kids go through the Caterpillar Equipment visitor's center since they love diggers and construction equipment. After leaving, we searched for a restaurant and this was consistently mentioned as a great choice and indeed it was. Driving up to the parking lot left a little to be desired as it looks like just a converted old riverfront warehouse, but it adds some character once inside.

My wife's filet was perfectly cooked, the salad bar was fresh and my steak and sides were perfect as well. They do have reasonably priced kids meals as well and the kids enjoyed the kabobs, burger, and chicken and the early bird special had some good choices as well. The prices were in line for the quality of the ingredients. Our waiter Tyson provided attentive service.

They do offer a cook your own steak option that we did not take advantage of. Overall would go back if we were in the area again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Coty636
Morton, Illinois
“Quality is going downhill”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This used to be a great place for steaks. The last couple of times I have been there, the cuts of meat have been terrible and not marinated properly and were tough. The prices are starting to get out of hand also with their craft beers. They want close to $7 for a 12 oz bottle of Founders Scotch Ale and it only costs $10 for a six pack at any store. Overpriced place and going downhill fast.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mark S
Kansas City, Missouri
“Alexanders was Awesome!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I took a group of clients to Alexanders Steakhouse in Peoria, Il recently and it was terrific! I ordered the 11 oz. filet and it was cooked to perfection. One person in my group ordered the swordfish and said it was the best he'd had. For those who haven't been there, Alexanders offers a large grill in the middle of the restaurant where you can choose to grill your own steak. I've not tried that and likely won't. I trust the restaurant to grill my steak more than my own efforts. You can also grill slices of Texas Toast on the grill. The service was attentive and prompt. Appetizers and drinks were reasonable, as well. This was a great experience and I'm ready to go back!

1 Thank David A
Peoria, Illinois
“Family Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have been going to Alexander's Steakhouse for years and have never been disappointed. The uniqueness of grilling your own steak makes this steakhouse very different. Their salad bar is always fresh and crisp. I sometimes order just a salad bar, baked potato and Texas toast (which for me can be a full meal). We love their steaks and the fact that you can go in, relax and let them cook your meal for you is also very nice. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone.