“Not a Bargain”

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Knightdale, North Carolina
“Not a Bargain”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our room was nice enough, but for less money we had better accommodations at the other hotels on our trip. The staff was acceptable, but nothing special. The hallways/walkways showed signs of age and wear. When I went into the breakfast area after the deadline (unaware), the lady in there told me that the breakfast bar was really closed, even though there was still lots of food on display. At another hotel earlier in the week we observed the staff cordially keeping the breakfast bar open long after the published closing time. Many people partook gratefully. Next time we're in Peoria we will look for another place to stay.

2 Thank Grannyfw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 July 2014

my husband, sister and myself have stayed several times at the Comfort Suites because we have family in town. The staff is so friendly and helpful with directions or even helping us find a Fex Ex office which was open on a sunday so we could ship a picture home to my sister who had to take the early flight out one day. The food is hot and plentiful, a very nice selection. I like how easy it is to get on and off the interstate from the hotel or go anywhere in town from this centrally located site. All the staff, including maintenance and housekeeping are ready with a smile to greet you or help you with your needs. We would not consider staying at another hotel only because its been ideal for us on our past stays and we plan to return in the future and will not look further than here. Several good restaurants and the movie theater are withing a mile or two of the hotel, one restaurant in walking distance. A slight backroad parallels the War Memorial Drive and can take up east without having to get into all that traffic for a backway to walmart, several fast food joints and of course the movies. We slept very well every night of our 4 night stay. We can't say enough about this place!

Room Tip: we have been on both ends of the hall...each was a good room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cathy s
MINDEN
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed in a room on the first floor and it was damp and musty even with the ac on. The rooms are big and clean. The hallways smell like a vanilla candle. Staff was friendly. It was a little difficult to find the entrance to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Softball_Mom_1979
Chicago
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I travel quite often. For one week of every month, I travel to Peoria. I have stayed at numerous places in Peoria and there was a couple of times, due to last minute booking, I stayed at Super 8.

Comfort Suites just went through a make-over. I'm not sure that the make-over included the rooms--they seem a bit outdated. However, the rooms are clean and quite large.

The last two times I have stayed here there were some less than acceptable instances. My last visit I need to work until about midnight. Needless to say, I was beginning the wake-up process a bit late, at 9am. I didn't need my alarm, there were two cleaning staff arguing outside my door with their voices raised. I will also say, if you do not like strong smells, this may not be the right place for you. A french vanilla smell permeates the hotel. It was like that both stays.

First impressions matter, and the first time I was checking in, one of the three ladies at the front desk was telling their rest about her upcoming trip to India. I stood and listened, until she was done and ready to greet me.

I will probably opt. for Staybridge or Quality Inn--which is right across the street, and where I have had much better experiences (and nicer amenities) for about the same price.

Room Tip: Request AWAY from the highway ramp, especially on the second floor...it is quite loud.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Peoria hotels

Green Bay, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

First time staying here and in Peoria. As mentioned in another review it was very difficult to find, with the entrance through the Perkins restaurant parking lot from a small side street. Even with a GPS I was worried I wasn't in the right area! It is near shopping and restaurants though so that was a good plus. We checked in around 3:30 and went to our room to relax for a bit after traveling all day only to find our room was open and the housekeeper working in all the rooms around it. After waiting for a few minutes we just decided to go hit up the local mall and come back to our room later which was a little irritating since we were exhausted from traveling and just wanted to kick back and relax! The room itself was decent and fairly clean. A/C in room didn't seem to work very well. Beds a little uncomfortable and breakfast was just OK. They had a nice selection of foods and drinks. Overall it was just OK for the price and think it should be a little cheaper.

Tennessee
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We travel through Peoria every year on the way to visit family & have tried all of the hotels at this interstate exit, We will return to the Comfort Suites. The price was reasonable; the room was clean; beds were comfortable; and the staff members we encountered were friendly & professional. We rarely use the breakfast for anything other than coffee & no issue with that.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tmvh
Orange County, NY
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a basic hotel. There was no signage on the front door or anywhere else, and upon 1st site, we thought this must be the Super 8. The lobby/entrance was very plain and when you walk in, it feels like you are in an cheap outdated motel. The rooms however, were very clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and had nice linens. The staff (with the exception of the breakfast lady) were all very nice. The front desk and housekeeping staff could not have been nicer! Very welcoming and friendly...Did not care for the free breakfast or the VERY crabby lady that sets up & maintains it. The hot food (eggs/sausage) was inedible.....the cold food was ok....I cannot possibly imagine how anyone could find this breakfast tasty. On day 2 we decided to pay for breakfast at the nearby Perkins, rather than have to deal again with the nasty lady and terrible food.

Room Tip: would suggest requesting a room near the lobby, as all rooms are located down one very long hallway.