“Hard to locate--but a good night's sleep is your reward”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 11 August 2010

This motel is well hidden from the road. Tip#1 look for Perkins Restaurant--the hotel is in the parking lot BEHIND Perkins restaurant--there are no signs on the road to direct you to their driveway.Tip #2--Don't let the cover of a book fool you. When we pulled up my wife said--you want me to stay here--look how shabby the outside appears. I told her it was a #1 in tripadvisor, and that has been a good guide to me! So, we went in and were underwhelmed by the lobby,but decided to give it a try. We did have to move once. as the refrigerator in our first room wasn't cooling. Otherwise, it was clean, quiet,the bed was incredibly comfortable, small but nice pool, and good-sized hot tub(although the pool room won't dazzle you either.) The free wireless internet worked flawlessly, and there is a Perkins Restaurant(see Tip #1) right in front of the hotel, that gives you good food, great service, reasonable prices, and a 10% discount with your room key. The breakfast was ample,with waffles, biscuit & gravy,juice, cereal, milk coffee,sweet rolls, no yogurt ,or eggs ,bacon nor sausage. Plenty to get the day started, but not as varied a choice as HIE or Country Inns,still a good value overall. The key to me was a clean room and a very comfortable and quiet sleep environment. The OK breakfast made this an above average stay, but the property is definitely showing it's age overall. Also nearby is a major mall and other assorted chain restaurants,but I'd recommend Perkins first.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2010

Just spent one night while attending a wedding. Is an older hotel, but basically pretty clean. Check in and check out were quick. Location is very convenient to restaurants, shopping, Walgreens,, etc. Was very quiet even though the hotel seemed to be fairly well occupied. Wi-Fi was very fast and very accessible. Strong water pressure and temperature on showers. Only problem was complimentary breakfast. They did not keep up with the demand and there was a wait for food. Didn't use the pool, but it does have one. The wedding hotel was actually Country Inn, but I chose Comfort Suites because of the location and their pet policy. They only charged $25 while most of the other hotels wanted $75.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2010

When you first pull up to this hotel you can't help but say to yourself "what a dump". Not that the grounds aren't maintained nicely because they are but the building itself is rather ancient and looks a little rough. Plus the vacant building next door adds to the dumpiness factor.

Inside however I found the hotel to be pretty decent. I mean its nothing to get all excited about but they seem to do a pretty good job making the best of what they have. My room was reasonably clean, there were a few pubes in the bathtub that got missed but beyond that the cleanliness was ok.

I was feeling a little underwhelmed with the whole experience, until I laid down on the bed that is. The bed was wonderful, very soft, the kind you sink down into and I slept extremely well. The pillows were really comfortable too. Those 2 things alone made the experience much better for me. So many hotels are going to the firm mattresses these days not sure why but its really annoying, not everyone likes a super firm mattress. I actually find them to be almost like torture.

Overall, it was a solid stay, I'd call it 3.5 stars, I wouldn't hesitate to return if the price was right or I needed a good nights rest.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2010

clean enough - very average - pretty quiet - internet is slow for anything other than email. Breakfast pretty boring. Service is very friendly. All in all, if the rate were 10.00 less, would have felt better about the stay. Nothing special - okay just for a night's stay when passing through.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2010

The stay was great in a wonderful location near the interstate and the mall

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We stayed one night, found hotel was as described. Check in, out were simple, easy, friendly desk help. Room was very clean and attractive. Bed very comfy and room exceptionally quiet. Breakfast was ok. We did not use nice indoor pool but saw others enjoying it. Easy off/on access near I-74.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2010

This hotel was great! We checked in later on in the evening and check in went very smoothly. The pool was nice and the hot tub was decent! They were doing some work on the one side of the pool when we stayed with the hotel and had dug up the pebbles on the side. No big deal, maintenance has to be done every once in a while. The room was incredible! It had a nice couch and the beds were extremely nice! I have a bad back as well as my friend that traveled with me. You never know what to expect when you stay in a hotel, but the beds here were amazing! I slept very well and the only complaint is that the hotel comforters smelled like dog. As a former hotel employee myself, I know the comforters are rarely washed so I was not surprised. I just took them off. Overall the hotel was extremely clean(as I am a clean freak) and did not have any weird odors. The halls smelled fresh and I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Peoria!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends