“Mark Twain Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
New Baltimore, Michigan
“Mark Twain Hotel”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Myself and Wife spent a night for a wedding. The room was newly remodel. The layout of the room had all the amenities a person would need. The room did have a musty odor. I think it was from the A/C. My Wife thought is was from the Bed linen. We went for a wedding reception. The shuttle dropped us off and picked us up from the location. I would recommend this place.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Naomi S, General Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Jason,

Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you enjoyed the stay overall, however, I'm concerned about the odor. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I'm not sure what room you were in but I'd like to do if you wouldn't mind providing me with that information. It would help us for sure.

Hope to hear from you.

Mark Twain Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
San Ramon, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I just love this hotel! The atmosphere is old charm with every modern amenity! Rooms are great, the restaurant is excellent and the breakfast buffet is wonderful!
I do not have one bad thing to say about the Mark Twain!

• Stayed May 2014
Naomi S, General Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Lvlktho,

Thank you for your review.

I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the restaurant and breakfast buffet.

I hope that you choose to stay with us again when you're in the area.

Safe travels,

Bourbonnais
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We hVe stayed at the Mark Twain for the last 3 Mothers days . Service is excellent, hotel is clean , the staff and food in he restaurant is outstanding! Even my children ages 11 to 16 enjoy staying there.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Speisers5:

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a frequent guest, we appreciate that you decided to share your experience. We hope that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to one of the top floors this year, more space for you and your family.

Hope to see you again soon.

Housatonic, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 June 2014

What a great hotel, beautiful view of the riverfront & the 74 bridge, live jazz bands on the outside patio, a full serve breakfast that is superb! Rooms are very clean and comfortable, microwave and mini fridge in the rooms, clean and comfortable beds and plenty of fresh linens!
The bar is delightful and the restaurant on site is top shelf too!
They have a delightful air freshner in the lobby that makes it smell like fresh backed cookies!!!! Easy on and off of interstate 74 makes it easy to get around town, plus they have a complimentary shuttle too!
Lastly the staff is awesome, always pleasant and helpful. Special shout out to Li behind the check in desk, she was outstanding, a text book example of WONDERFUL customer service! Can't wait for my next stay in Peoria IL!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Naomi S, General Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi Michael,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again when you are in town visiting your friends and family. It's nice to know that you feel like this is a bit of a "home away from home" when you travel and that you enjoy our many amenities. I am impressed that you mentioned the scent - it's called Vanilla Bourbon and it really makes you suddenly want a cookie! Good thing we bake cookies in the mornings for our guests arriving in the afternoons during the week.

We will make sure to give Li your accolades and a "gold star" for being mentioned. We love having Li as one of our front desk attendants.

See you again soon and until then, safe travels...

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I regularly travel to Peoria on business and invariably stay at the Mark Twain. Before I first stayed at the hotel, I imagined kind of a rustic, riverboat-style folksy place, and I was very pleasantly surprised to find newly renovated rooms and an excellent dining experience, along with a lobby that retained some of the Mark Twain charm. As I've since stayed there fairly often (in excess of 30 visits), I've enjoyed some of the other perks that come with this boutique hotel, including a complimentary breakfast featuring a great omelette bar, and their friendly and gracious staff. If you are looking for an experience that will be different from a large-chain hotel (in a good way), I would wholeheartedly recommend the Mark Twain Hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have a pool, but offers free passes to the RiverPlex Recreation and Wellness Cen...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Hello Mr. G,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. As one of our regular guests who travels often, you are one of the big reasons why we are what we are. Business travelers make up the majority of our guests and we really respect your comments and opinions. We also enjoy having you as a guest and chatting with you when you have time. I hope you feel comfortable enough with us to let us know if there is anything more we can do to enhance your stays with us.

We appreciate the review and hope that we can continue to be your "home away from home" when you're here in Peoria.

PS: If you'd visited us ten years ago, it was exactly what you expected...riverboats galore! You wouldn't recognize the place now. We'll have to find some old photos to show you.

Best regards,

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon. It was an amazing experience, the staff was very friendly, rooms clean and comfortable. They even had chocolates and champagne sent up to the room when they found out it was our wedding night, completely free of charge. This is the best hotel in peoria.

London
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I had a 13 day holiday in Illinois staying at 6 hotels. Our stay for one night in the Mark Twain could not be faulted. We had a room on the 8th Floor overlooking the river. No complaints at all about the room breakfast or facilities.

Hi Brian872,

Thank you for writing a review at TripAdvisor - I really appreciate it.

We're honored that you chose our property as a part of your holiday and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. The best way to "see" Peoria is in one of our larger, top-floor Deluxe rooms as you have, with great views of the city or the Illinois river.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to Peoria, you'd consider stopping by to see us again.

Cheers,

Naomi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria
Wingate by Wyndham Peoria
Country Inn & Suites Peoria North
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center

Been to Mark Twain Hotel? Share your experiences!