“Favorite Peoria hotel”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Favorite Peoria hotel”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I love The Mark Twain Hotel. The rooms are clean, comfy, and charming. The location is close to all of the downtown Peoria/riverfront venues, and easy access to the highway. My room had a terrific view of the river. The restaurant Two25 is terrific. I didn't get a chance to sit at the bar but it's nice to know it's there. The staff was helpful and courteous. I plan to stay at the Mark Twain whenever I'm in Peoria.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river if you can.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Aalst, Belgium
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was the 4th time I stayed in the Mark Twain and it will not be the last time when I have to return to Peoria. The rooms are very nice and quiet even if the hotel is close to the Interstate.

You have all you need in the hotel and everything is clean and working. I have only one small remark: in January there were problems with the WiFi and I was told that this was due to the cold but this time it was the end of April and I had the same problem. The front desk solved it by giving me a cable twice but this should be fixed for the future. I think the signal is too weak since the WiFi was working in the lobby.

The breakfast buffet is OK and the fresh cooked omelet and waffles are super.

Parking is on the premises and is free and there is a shuttle, which I did not use.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Naomi S, General Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear BossErpe:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate knowing that you've enjoyed our property a few times and appreciate the rooms and location.

I'm sorry that we had wireless internet issues during your stay. We recently upgraded our service with better bandwidth and speed for your convenience, however we had a time period when we were working on configuration. We appreciate your patience and have not had much issue in the recent past.

We hope that you choose to come back and again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Best regards,

Jacksonville, Illinois
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The rooms at Mark Twain are rather small but comfortable. Service, location, breakfast omelets were very good. Lounge & restaurant was enjoyable, staff were helpful and accommodating. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Naomi S, General Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hi Randy V,

Thanks for taking the time to post a response on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and would definitely stay with us again.

Best regards and safe travels,

New Baltimore, Michigan
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Myself and Wife spent a night for a wedding. The room was newly remodel. The layout of the room had all the amenities a person would need. The room did have a musty odor. I think it was from the A/C. My Wife thought is was from the Bed linen. We went for a wedding reception. The shuttle dropped us off and picked us up from the location. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jason,

Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you enjoyed the stay overall, however, I'm concerned about the odor. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I'm not sure what room you were in but I'd like to do if you wouldn't mind providing me with that information. It would help us for sure.

Hope to hear from you.

San Ramon, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I just love this hotel! The atmosphere is old charm with every modern amenity! Rooms are great, the restaurant is excellent and the breakfast buffet is wonderful!
I do not have one bad thing to say about the Mark Twain!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Lvlktho,

Thank you for your review.

I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the restaurant and breakfast buffet.

I hope that you choose to stay with us again when you're in the area.

Safe travels,

Bourbonnais
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We hVe stayed at the Mark Twain for the last 3 Mothers days . Service is excellent, hotel is clean , the staff and food in he restaurant is outstanding! Even my children ages 11 to 16 enjoy staying there.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Speisers5:

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a frequent guest, we appreciate that you decided to share your experience. We hope that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to one of the top floors this year, more space for you and your family.

Hope to see you again soon.

Housatonic, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 June 2014

What a great hotel, beautiful view of the riverfront & the 74 bridge, live jazz bands on the outside patio, a full serve breakfast that is superb! Rooms are very clean and comfortable, microwave and mini fridge in the rooms, clean and comfortable beds and plenty of fresh linens!
The bar is delightful and the restaurant on site is top shelf too!
They have a delightful air freshner in the lobby that makes it smell like fresh backed cookies!!!! Easy on and off of interstate 74 makes it easy to get around town, plus they have a complimentary shuttle too!
Lastly the staff is awesome, always pleasant and helpful. Special shout out to Li behind the check in desk, she was outstanding, a text book example of WONDERFUL customer service! Can't wait for my next stay in Peoria IL!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Naomi S, General Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi Michael,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again when you are in town visiting your friends and family. It's nice to know that you feel like this is a bit of a "home away from home" when you travel and that you enjoy our many amenities. I am impressed that you mentioned the scent - it's called Vanilla Bourbon and it really makes you suddenly want a cookie! Good thing we bake cookies in the mornings for our guests arriving in the afternoons during the week.

We will make sure to give Li your accolades and a "gold star" for being mentioned. We love having Li as one of our front desk attendants.

See you again soon and until then, safe travels...

Mark Twain Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Courtyard Peoria Downtown
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria
Wingate by Wyndham Peoria

Been to Mark Twain Hotel? Share your experiences!