“8 day stay-vacation”

Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Our overall stay was average...Per what we noticed online this hotel had been renovated in 2010 this did appear to be so. Front Desk staff was always very nice and accomadating and immediately offered us a Suite come the falling Monday at no extra charge. Although our first room the AC was broken so we were then moved to another room which was fine, on Monday we were moved to our suite, the extra room was a great welcome, Unfortuantely the tv's had issues in both rooms, we had to go down stairs and request more towels because either there was not enough for us left and house keeping did not clean our room on 2 different days...We would leave our room daily by 10:30 am or before...

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Kate was the first person that I spoke to on the telephone and she did a great job of getting all the needed rooms. SAM what can I say about SAM - she was awesome - very helpful in every way. She needs to be working in an upper class motel. The rooms on the other hand needed much upgrading. The carpets felt as though they hadn't been cleaned in several months, carpet very worn. Didn't want to set in the chair - very dirty feeling. Internet didn't always work or the TV. The owners need to spend some money on upgrades if they want a better clientel. Motel was hard to find, thankfully we had a GPS.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Baymont Inn P, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

I am sorry for your experience during your stay. You will be glad to know that we have remodeled all of our rooms with flat screen Televisions, Fridge, Microwave, Beds and Bedding. I hope that you will give us another chance to change your view regarding your previous stay.

Thank you once again and we look forward to see you during your next trip!

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Our daughter's softball team opted to stay here at $97/night. I booked here b/c the team was staying here and $97/night usually means it's a decent hotel. THIS IS NOT THE CASE! I actually looked online for the price when we arrived b/c the place is such a dump and found it for $67 on their website. Needless to say, our price will be negotiated tomorrow morning and we will NOT be staying here another night. The hotel is difficult to find, our non-smoking room smelled like smoke, there is mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, ridiculous amounts of dirt in the air conditioner, the carpets seem dirty, and the clientel is seedy at best. The staff was nice upon check in, but kindness cannot save your poor establishment.

Room Tip: A good tip to choosing a good room is to book another hotel!!!!
1  Thank lr0120

Thank you so much for your review. I am extremely sorry to hear that you had multiple issues during your stay. Please be assured that we have taken measures that the next guest should not face the same problems.
Please give us another chance and we will change your view towards us. Thank you once again and we look forward to see you during your next trip!

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Staff was rude, non-smoking room smelled like smoke ( the cleaning people were smoking in room) and dirty. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

Stayed for a softball tournament, we were not in the room very much. Thank God.

2  Thank twinSoftballmom

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Not the easiest hotel to get to, better directions on the web site would be a great help. An older hotel in need of minor repair eg. the front of the a/c unit fell off when I turned it on. The staff was friendly. The hotel was full and they ran out of some items on the hot breakfast bar. The beds and the rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your review. I am glad and disappointed for your mixed experience. We strive to deliver our Hometown Hospitality to make sure that your stay should be pleasant. We have failed to provide that in your case. I am extremely sorry for your experience.
Again, I am sorry for your experience during your stay but I sincerely hope that you will give us another try to change your experience.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My sister and her kids were in town for a function and needed a last minute place to stay for the night. After reading through some comments about Baymont Inn & Suites in Peoria, and looking at the photos, I recommended they try it out. It was inexpensive (warning sign) and close to where they were at the time. When they checked into their room, her son pulled back the sheets to find something that looked like someone had blown their nose on the sheets and covered it back up! Needless to say, she contacted the front desk and was given another room. They hauled everything to the next room only to pull back the cover on a bed to find a rolled up, soiled sheet under the covers. The other bed had what looked like boot marks across it!
How do these places stay open? How many horrible comments will it take for these hotel managers to take responsibility for horrible conditions! My sister packed her kids in her car and drove 2 hours home, exhausted, instead of staying in this despicable place! I can only advise people and you are on your own if you risk staying here! If I could give any lower ratings than "Terrible", I would!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel to choose a good room! This place is pathetic!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AnneInPeoria

Thank you for your review. I am extremely sorry to hear that you did not have a good stay with us. Please be assured that we have taken measures that the next guest should not face the same problems.
Thank you once again for bringing the problems to our attention and we hope that you will forgive us by giving us another chance during your next visit to the Peoria area to change your impression.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed at the hotel from 5/31-6/4, I was a little skeptical about staying there after reading the reviews, but decided to take a chance. I must say that I have nothing negative to say about the hotel. The staff are very nice, and take time to satisfy their guests needs. We were allowed to check in at 1:00pm, and when we got to our room, it was clean and spacious. We needed more towels and wanted a microwave and refrigerator, we called down to the front desk, and they met our request right away. The free hot breakfast was very good, and I'm talking, hot waffles, sausage, eggs, and more. The hotel was full, and there was many kids staying in the hotel, but we were not disturbed by any noise, as when we checked in, we were put on the third floor so we wouldn't be disturbed, I thought this was very thoughtful of the staff. The hotel is located in a very good area where there are restaurants, a mall, target, walmart, and such within 5 minutes. The hotel is right behind the mall. Overall my stay was great, and I would stay at this hotel again, and also recommend it to friends going to the area. Thank you staff at Baymont inn, you did a wonderful job satisfying this guest and her family.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words for Baymont Inn and Suites of Peoria IL. I will let our team know about the positive feedback that you had about them. We are extremely glad that you made good memories during your stay with us.