“Kind of smelly”

Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Peoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The breakfast area was so quiet. The breakfast host Nikkie was helpful. I needed something and it wasn't out so she went to the back and brought out the item that I wanted. The breakfast area is a good offer with different choices of food. I was so happy that she help me. I know ill b back for my summer vacation right away. So coming to the baymont u wont be dissatisfied. If u need something the breakfast host will help you right away.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is so quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed for ONE night in Peoria on March 22. Looking at my bank statement on April 3 I see that not only was I charged the $94 for the March stay, I was also charged another $94 as well as $471. When I called to find out why I was charged, I was asked how I enjoyed my 12 night stay! I spoke with corporate and the Peoria manager. No one seemed to care that my bank acct was charged almost $600. Oh so sorry it was a glitch was all I was told. I've had to cancel my card and now my bank is trying to get the charges reversed. I was told I would hear back from someone regarding this matter but almost 2 weeks later I still have heard nothing and my money has yet to be credited back to my account. I did not authorize those charges but yet it's my responsibility to chase this hotel chain to be reimbursed for FRAUDULENT charges for a 1 night stay in a hotel room that smelled like a wet dirty ashtray. The Peoria hotel needs serious updating and is not worth $94 per night. Unless you want to be charged almost $700 for a one night stay I would suggest a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2014

Travellers are raving about these Peoria hotels

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Yes, it is hard to find with street address but if you do your homework you will see it is right off the access road of the mall and there is a big sign up where you turn. It is near the highway so there might be some noise depending upon which side you are on....if you ask them they will put you on the quieter side if that bothers you. Hotel itself is average. People at desk try to help you in anyway they can so that makes it better. I don't eat breakfast but did grab a bagel one morning. I have stayed here twice and the reason for that and giving it a very good is the location is exactly where I want to be. Right off War Memorial Drive so I can go teach my class easily within ten minutes. And for time to kill, right next to the shopping center with Macy's, J.C. Penneys. But the best part it is walking distance easily to my two fave restaurants, Biaggis and Chick Fil A. We don't have either one of them so I have to go there no matter what. There is also a McDonalds and a Panda Express and another good local one Avantis all right there. It is close to a Barnes and Noble and Michaels if you have your car. So if you get a reasonable deal on the pricing from one of the services for around 60 a night it is a very good choice. My room was clean and ready for me both times with no problems. It did have a great flat screen tv and there is FREE wifi available. So even though the building is average I give it a very good for location, and amenities and service and have stayed there twice already.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you the one side away from War Memorial Drive is better. I stayed on the War Memor...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 10 April 2014

There's nothing outstanding about this hotel. It's average in every way. It's difficult to get to, but if you want to be next to a mall and stores and restaurants, it's great. They have a good offering for breakfast.

Room Tip: Go through the mall parking lot to get there.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Everybody was: professional and super helpful! Courteous and accommodating, above the call of duty! The shuttle bus drivers were eager to pick us up, and maximize the van's usage to capacity. Assisting us with our heavy luggage with no problems.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family