“Welcoming, comfortable & clean”

Travelodge Peoria Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Peoria
“Welcoming, comfortable & clean”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This hotel has worn well over the past 40 years. The staff is exceptional the rooms are comfortable and clean, and the rates are reasonable. If you are looking for a place to sleep and something to eat when you get up the Grand will meet your needs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Gary P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I hadn't been in the hotel since 1995 and at that time it really needed bulldozing! To my surprise, this little hotel has had a great comeback! As a retired hotelier, I can't tell you how pleased my husband and I were to find the hotel spotless and tended to by a thoughtful and caring staff. Our son was involved in an event there this weekend, so we were in the ballrooms, too! I was very impressed with how professional the set was and how well-kept the banquet chairs and tables, etc. were. The walls and carpets looked new. Although I was never crazy about the carpet in the Holidome, it looked great and the pool, too, was clean and looked like it had just had a fresh coat of paint. The restaurant and bar area had been redone and, again, it looked freshly manicured. It was certainly well worth the price -- and dog friendly, too! Congratulations!

Room Tip: From experience the rooms facing Southeast are warmer, but I certainly didn't notice it. I woul...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jojogr
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 24 May 2013

On first sight the hotel looks run down and dirty from the outside. However when you walk in you realize that the hotel is still in good condition. It is not nearly as nice as it must have been a number of years ago. However, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, there is a restaurant and bar right in the lobby (didn't go so I can't comment). There are also some older video games and a pool that kids would like even though they aren't top quality. My only issues were with the workout facility which had an old run-down treadmill, a stationary bike, stair-stepper and an elipitical. Also the breakfast is not that great, mostly just breads and cereal although there were eggs and potatoes available, it didn't seem too appetizing. Overall, I would recommend this place as a great value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Matt F
Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Pile of clipped toenails on the floor near the bed. Floor was dirty. A/c unit was so loud and that was after the faulty thermostat waited until it was hot and humid in the room before it turned on. Saw one housekeeper the whole 2 days I was in town and there were several people (men, women, children, construction workers) staying there at the time. Never again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Liz C

Travellers are raving about these Peoria hotels

Decatur, IL
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I went to run the Run River City Marathan and spent two nights at the Grand Hotel. It did show some age but the room was clean and smelled clean. I thought the bed was comfortable and all the ammenties seemed to work fine. The employees seemed nice and they were helpful. I was pretty low maintenance on my stay though. For the the price I thought the hotel was fine. The other reviews I read on some of the hotels were so so for more money. If I were to go back I would stay again. Don't let the other reviews scare you, I thought the room was fine.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank QR3
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We spent l night at this hotel a few weeks ago. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We enjoyed the pool and the exercise room. Great value for the price, The atrium was a very comfortable place to read. We are planning to stay here again when visiting family.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank arlenet36
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Family stayed here over the weekend for our sons basketball tournament...all I can say is I understand why they had vacancies wasn't expecting much as the price was so cheap BUT wasn't expecting the carpeting being so dirty our socks were black from the dirty carpeting we wore our shoes, hot water for a shower was barely warm, asked for more towels never received them and the girl at the front desk I think her name was Megan was rude she was to busy talking to co workers instead of waiting on us and was rude when she finally did. The maid was nice and friendly that cleaned our room when I called down to housekeeping the manager acted like it was an inconvience that I wanted more towels that I never received! the pool was nice I will not stay here again cheap is fine but service means alot

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family